Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 GTC... Or ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Yeah compromise pressures for sure but at times I wish they were lower for comfort. However IF I do speed and sail into a corner I like to have the added safety of tires at performance pressures.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:04 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
...IMHO the non-chromed Mulliners look better than the 5-star-like chromed rims with the color of the car. Looks more.... appropriate and color-matching
Yep, with you there. The non-chrome are the same as I had on my 06 CGT too, and I really enjoy the look of these wheels. Crafted excellence.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Bk81 is on a distinguished road
enjoythemusic congrats on your purchase! I had a few questions about your previous car, you got an email I can reach you at?

Old 04-26-2013, 05:48 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Pm sent.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:02 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
So finally great weather, summer tires with lightweight rims on her, etc. Took a bit of time, yet the GTC has FINALLY 'woken up' from whatever slumber she was on. In S mode and suspension at top level she felt great driving through mountain roads. Not sure just wtf happened before, yet no mater what was tried with previous snow tires, lack of grip, cold weather, and even some warm weather didn't wake her. Tried and tried and tried previously, yet no mater what I seemed to try... until this weekend's drive. Now with proper rubber under her and good tarmac/ambient temps....

In Sport mode she really wants to turn in and feels good through both slow and fast mountain road proper camber sweepers, tight twisties, etc. Very predictable handling characteristics and easy to correct under sane driving. Of course long straights are boring to me, yet yes she has smooth and seemingly unending acceleration well into some land speed with numbers in it. FINALLY she feels like a Bentley. About friggen time too as was beginning to feel desperate!!! If she stays like this or gets better, I see no need for modding the GTC. She feels much like the GT did acceleration-wise with willingness to 'jump 'n' dance' when asked.

Of course as the pic below shows, I ALWAYS kept her at proper speed whilst driving mountain roadways. Good thing the miles of smiles are free of charge Wife took this pic and no, no pics of my wife (because I know some of you would rather see a young blonde woman than some old guy smiling utterly stupidly in a pic).

Attached Images  

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-29-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
That pictures tells it all. Was i right about the GTC and how you were going to l

Old 04-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Yes dear, you're right dear, anything you say dear

i'm GUESSING no matter how big a proverbial stick I used to prod her, the snow tires, heavy rims and cold temps.... the computer felt no-go and stayed in that mode. Now with Pirelli P Zero rubber, warm temps and some, well, we'll call it driving at some percentage of handling higher than a dead stop, she has finally woken up. Yeah, we'll see how she goes from here and if anything changes will report back accordingly. Was very, VERY concerned they made the GTC handle like a boat (thus seeking upgrades) and the GT as stock be far more sporty.

No other way to say it, the GTC has ***** and grabs the road with both hands... and squeezes tight.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Hey bro we ain't married so we'll have none of that dear stuff.

I would think that the two cars would handle quite similar with the GT getting SLIGHT nod with a few less pounds. But can you feel the loss of performance when there is a front seat passenger? That is and extra hundred or so pounds? I can't really notice the daughter and she is a healthy 180lbs.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Keep in mind I have 'very limited' seat time with her at this performance level and so...

Hmmm, hard to say I now feel the added pounds as the rear suspension is indeed different and the front of the GTC seemed to have higher mechanical grip than I remember from the GT (as does the rear, but in a different way). Call it another 8% more grip (just starting typing in numbers until one seemed to look right, so don't take this as gospel or anything LOL). These 'fly-by-wire' systems can sooo change a car that for now am not sure I feel the added weight more in that the car feels a bit more balanced and composed in a tight handling way. This is especially true at speed during roads that suffer from a less than perfectly smooth surface yet you still want grip/performance.

Ya know, the more I think/ANALyze it, the very different rear suspension probably has a very different 'resonant rhythm' than the front, whereas the GT had a nearly same resonance/reactive system. Saying this as during bumpy roads the GTC has a different feel about her than the GT. Still have not nailed this down so call it 'thoughts in progress'. And for the record, am just sharing my thoughts on things, I could always be wrong. Besides, no one believe these web guys anyway LOL!

I aint touching the daughter conversation in ANY weigh, shape or form. Nuh uh, you aren't dragging me into that one

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-29-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Keep in mind I have 'very limited' seat time with her at this performance level and so...

Hmmm, hard to say I now feel the added pounds as the rear suspension is indeed different and the front of the GTC seemed to have higher mechanical grip than I remember from the GT (as does the rear, but in a different way). Call it another 8% more grip (just starting typing in numbers until one seemed to look right, so don't take this as gospel or anything LOL). These 'fly-by-wire' systems can sooo change a car that for now am not sure I feel the added weight more in that the car feels a bit more balanced and composed in a tight handling way. This is especially true at speed during roads that suffer from a less than perfectly smooth surface yet you still want grip/performance.

Ya know, the more I think/ANALyze it, the very different rear suspension probably has a very different 'resonant rhythm' than the front, whereas the GT had a nearly same resonance/reactive system. Saying this as during bumpy roads the GTC has a different feel about her than the GT. Still have not nailed this down so call it 'thoughts in progress'. And for the record, am just sharing my thoughts on things, I could always be wrong. Besides, no one believe these web guys anyway LOL!

I aint touching the daughter conversation in ANY weigh, shape or form. Nuh uh, you aren't dragging me into that one
I did forget that the convertible does have a different rear suspension that accommodates the roof mechanism. I also do not have the experience that you do driving high performance cars. If I did notice differences I might have a hard time articulating them.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Dr. D, I only have three words of advice for you my friend...

Buy

More

Cars

(or find good friends who hand you the keys to theirs )

Old 04-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Dr. D, I only have three words of advice for you my friend...

Buy

More

Cars

(or find good friends who hand you the keys to theirs )
I love your advice but first i must

Make

more

$

With that I can buy cars and friends. TruthfullyI feel blessed to be here with my one little used car.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
TruthfullyI feel blessed to be here with my one little used car.
Same here. Only one car right now and she MUST handle dry, wet, deep snow, black ice perhaps, smooth long highways, torn up backroads...

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-30-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Another glorious weekend in the GTC. Just raise up the ride height at the push of a button, go on the grass, then lower ride height

Attached Images   
Old 05-05-2013, 02:01 PM
cdavis43 is on a distinguished road
Another glorious weekend in the GTC. Just raise up the ride height at the push of a button, go on the grass, then lower ride height
Now that is pump (you). Your girl must have loved that

Cliff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 GTC... Or ????