Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 GTC... Or ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 07:04 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
2007 GTC... Or ????

Ok, looking for something different this year. So out with the fully loaded 2006 triple black GT and in with ???? Local dealer has a 2007 GTC certified so 1 year factory warranty included, etc. Not a stripper, but not fully loaded like the 2006 GT here. Also, the GTC was made in January 2007 so first off the line of the new model (usually never a good thing). The GPS system is DVD based and seems getting updated maps is impossible ????. There's more...

Word got out this morning i'm car shopping and other dealership friends have called me already with offers/trades. Looks like i'm 'in play' as is the car here. It is going to be a fun weekend

So, about the 2007 GTC... comments?

Call it the 06 here and (~30k for the GTC) yet have ~$40k maximum you would get ????? Must be a convertible, no targa tops or sunroofs allowed. Bonus points for hardtop convertible and not a rag top.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 03-15-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:42 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
I would keep the current car instead of getting the same thing in a drop top. 40k is a lot to have the wind in your hair. Why not pick up a 997, 355, m3, convertible for that?

Old 03-15-2013, 08:32 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, it would be less than $40k for the trade... but am giving you a price range to choose cars from.

If I may be a touch blunt here... With all due respect, am not a Porsche guy, 355 is interesting but told myself never a Ferrari again (like Leno), M3 is not luxury enough....Truly do appreciate your choices and they are impressively good cars! Hopefully my comments help you/others to focus suggestions.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Hmmm... and suicide doors too

Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Provided my PPI goes well and the car is properly presented..... Yet for this (lackluster) deal I am EASILY ready to walk away from the car. This car had better be all they say it is.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	front_diag.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	351.2 KB
ID:	221384   Click image for larger version

Name:	interior_diag.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	221385   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear_diag.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	221386  
Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Digger11 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Provided my PPI goes well and the car is properly presented..... Yet for this (lackluster) deal I am EASILY ready to walk away from the car. This car had better be all they say it is.
Dont like the wooden steeringwheel (sweaty palms) but otherwise looks great. Would be about $150k in Australia, you really get a bargain in the US.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:45 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
The wooden steering wheel is weird I have not seen one in my searches.

The GTC is a wonderful car and I think easily worth the difference in the price over the GT. The top is really good at isolating out the road noise.

Presonally if I am looking at a GTC I would want a more exciting color then silver and black. With the color matched top the blues and reds look really good.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Agreed the wooden steering wheel does look a bit 'disjointed' visually, yet it matches so....

Deal is done, she should be here around Wednesday or so. They agreed to do the 40k major/etc too though she has 27k miles and thus age is the factor. All in all she looked good yet did have some minor stuff due to previous owner stupidity, yet all was very minor and easy to correct and it will be corrected before delivery. As for the color combo, i like it and have had cars in black, black, red (Ferrari of course), and black. Time for a change of scenery and the lighter silver makes the headlights/front chrome look very classy imho. Hopefully it means dirt will show less too, black cars are great... when freshly waxed. Phew, my first ragtop.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 03-17-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:06 PM
BTW, must add big thanks to the folks at Bentley Boston. Been dealing with them for years, they always serviced the 06 gt and always satisfied. During deals like this my business intensity ramps up a bit, yet in the end seems we both feel like the deal was good. Knew this would 'ding' me, yet yes I want a rag top as never had one and, well, if the previous car was a Bentley... I mean, where can you go from there? What else is there???

Note To Self: Send a nice bottle of aged wine to my salesman as a show of thanks

Link to car
www.bentleyboston.com/certified/Bentley/2007-Bentley-Continental+GTC-Boston-daa06f320a0d06490121708a27f2a167.htm

Old 03-16-2013, 03:36 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!

I miss my cgt already

Old 03-16-2013, 03:47 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
That's a stunner Steven, congrats! Silver and black, classy color combo. I really like the wood wheel too, a nice touch. Even has Bentley on the seat so you can remember which car you're getting into!

Don't forget to give us your impressions!

Old 03-16-2013, 03:54 PM
A most humble thanks Ken and will be sure to do a comparo.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:27 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Congrats on the GTC. There is something special about being able to lower the roof even for us Northerners (an assumption based on purchasing in Boston.) While I actually like the lines of the coupe better, everything is a trade off. Our second Bentley will be here in a few weeks and both have been GTCs. Drive it in good health. BTW, I really like the wood steering wheel.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Wow, two GTCs! Nice and am so looking forward to driving her. Thanks for the kind words. The more i look at the steering wheel the classier it makes the car seem. Rare is good, different is better. Needed a change and the steering wheels looks.... stately. Classic in some respects, like the older Bentleys. I love a good classic.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
Congrats!
I miss my cgt already
Thanks! As for missing the Bentley, sooo know the feeling right now. Looks like for the next few days I have to bum rides off friends. Yup, only have one car and right now have none here. So yes, the GT/GTC are true daily drivers. Looks like the 2006 GT did about 20k miles in 3 years here... and I work at home(!).

So, ummm, can I bum a ride off you guys?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 GTC... Or ????