Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 GTC... Or ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Congrats on the new car Steven...looks very nice!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:38 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
You know i am partial to the convertible. My daughter went out yesterday and she suggested top down. Get ready for the video and stare bro, you and that new Mrs. are going to styling.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
DrD, makes sense and yes it was pseudo easy to 'hide' in the triple black GT with dark tinted windows (have an exemption to have that from the State ). The GTC does not have tinted windows, yet can always get that done too. Of course you are right, with the top/windows down it will impossible to 'hide'. Oh well, such is life when you want a rag top and guess will just have to endure the pain of video/pic peeps

FYI: Just got off the phone with my mechanic friend @ the Bentley dealership and he said she looks good all in all. Waiting for the full service papers/history to be e-mailed to me. The pervious owner did some 'customization' to a few easily changeable parts so we're going to fix that back to stock. All minor stuff really, yet for this $$$$$$ she should be right. Hopefully it'll be here Wednesday, just in time for the 8" of snow to arrive here And yes, they're moving over my Blizzak LM60 from the 06 GT to the 07 GTC as have another set of rims here with the summer Pirellis.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 03-18-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
DrD, makes sense and yes it was pseudo easy to 'hide' in the triple black GT with dark tinted windows (have an exemption to have that from the State ). The GTC does not have tinted windows, yet can always get that done too. Of course you are right, with the top/windows down it will impossible to 'hide'. Oh well, such is life when you want a rag top and guess will just have to endure the pain of video/pic peeps

FYI: Just got off the phone with my mechanic friend @ the Bentley dealership and he said she looks good all in all. Waiting for the full service papers/history to be e-mailed to me. The pervious owner did some 'customization' to a few easily changeable parts so we're going to fix that back to stock. All minor stuff really, yet for this $$$$$$ she should be right. Hopefully it'll be here Wednesday, just in time for the 8" of snow to arrive here
I am sick of the cold wet weather and ready fort the green of spring. When you reach the full peak of your second childhood get the pipes and ECU from Fabspeed. Lord that things sound glorious with the top down.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
When you reach the full peak of your second childhood get the pipes and ECU from Fabspeed. Lord that things sound glorious with the top down.
Yea dear, you're right dear, anything you say dear

Actually I don't want a loud street car, since the Ferrari with Cherry Bomb custom pipes cured me of that ailment. Stealth Bentley has advantages and like the GT, never plan to track the fat pig GTC so no need to have a track-like sound to her. The 'extra' power is really not needed either as I want a true Grand Tourer just like the GT is/was. Am sure you feel the extra power, yet stock she had more than enough for normal cruising/passing.

Besides, the SCCA Formula 2000 and Formula B guys are harassing me to do this season's racing and I'm not considering it. Well, maybe rent a car for WGI or LRP....

BTW: They are also an authorized Roller, Lambo and McLaren dealer, and yes I looked at the used orange targa-top Lambo. Looks like fun, but not now and not for me.

Want to take life a bit slower...

Ferris Bueller:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 AM
I have not had the pleasure of all the loud fast cars you have had so I'm still sowing my wild oats. Do LMK if you "feel" different in the new car.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:24 AM
DrD, have you ever considered taking the Skip Barber or other type of track driving/training programs? Seems to me you'd love it!

Old 03-18-2013, 08:54 AM
DrD, have you ever considered taking the Skip Barber or other type of track driving/training programs? Seems to me you'd love it!
Yes I have. The only thing I have seen is that track out in Vegas that is advertised in all the popular car magazines. Honestly cost is a factor for me and justifying expenditures has to be done. I am currently trying to rebuild my cigar stash and needing 3k for that. The wife needs money, just bought a new pistol, had the Harley rebuilt, taxes coming and on and on. I will google the Skip Barber.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM
DrD, sounds to me like we are kindred spirits in many ways.

As for cigar stash, I think 5 years ahead due to the necessary aging process. As always, thanks for your posts as i really do appreciate it and if you ever get to the New England area please PM me.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 03-18-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:15 PM
DrD, sounds to me like we are kindred spirits in many ways.

if you ever get to the New England area please PM me.
Absobloodylutely. Sent PM.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 03-18-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I split my time between Florida and New England and have convertibles in both. No coupes for me! I follow the good weather and my cars follow me.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:57 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I split my time between Florida and New England and have convertibles in both. No coupes for me! I follow the good weather and my cars follow me.
Do you also have the same wardrobe in your homes? Knew a guy many years back who traveled internationally to his other house, and used to buy two of everything so he didn't need to pack. Just grabbed a wallet and off he flew.

Gets expensive when you start doubling up on CGTs though!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:01 PM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I have two (or three) of a lot of things but only one Bentley! Not much to pack but I do ship my Healey to VT in the summer & fall.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
...but I do ship my Healey to VT in the summer & fall.
Nice! Next time you are in VT during great driving weather please let me know, would be great to meet up.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 AM
Nice! Next time you are in VT during great driving weather please let me know, would be great to meet up.
Will do! A great place to see a lot of nice British cars (mostly 50s-, 60s- & 70s-era sports cars but some current Aston Martins, McLarens, etc.) is The British Invasion in Stowe, VT around mid-Sept. I entered my Healey last year and won Best in Class. About 500 cars show up and lots of car lovers so it's a fun weekend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 GTC... Or ????