Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 GTC DVD Nav 2013 Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
2007 GTC DVD Nav 2013 Update

For those on the DVD Nav system, you can get up-to-date 2013 map set for $55.

www.bmwnavdvd.com/26-2013-bmw-north-american-map-dvd-high-2-disc-set.html

Basically Bentley uses the same data file type as the CD version, yet on DVD disc format. The new 2013 DVD set is two discs due to higher amount of stored information.

Of course eBay seems to have those selling DVD-R burns for less, your call on that.

So you want the BMW DVD HIGH DVD set.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 03-29-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:57 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
O how does the two disc system work? I mean only one disc can go in at a time right?

Old 04-01-2013, 11:23 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
One disc is West USA, the other is East. Should be fine unless you live in a flyover State. But like the CD system, yes you'll have to change discs if you go across country.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
One disc is West USA, the other is East. Should be fine unless you live in a flyover State. But like the CD system, yes you'll have to change discs if you go across country.
That's simple no problem thanks.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:50 PM
arbuckle44 is on a distinguished road
Hi,
I just bought a 2007 Continental GTC. The Bentley service mgr said there was no way to update the nav data base. Your post says otherwise. The BMW High DVD discs work
fine? Thanks for your help.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:47 PM
The DVD holds street/point-of-interest/etc data that is updated over the Bentley DVD that comes with the car. I live by GPS when travelling so know it works well. He is correct that the hardware is set as-delivered, yet data disc is the BMW version.

PS: Did a fast lookup and seems the 2014 is available from $15 DVD rips on eBay to $64 at www.bmwnavdvd.com/30-2014-high-2-disc-set.html ..or visit your local BMW dealer. These HIGH DVDs work.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 12-30-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:07 AM
cdavis43 is on a distinguished road
Enjoy it only updates the streets right not make the crappy look any better right??😄😄

Cliff

Old 01-02-2014, 12:59 AM
67427 will become famous soon enough
Thank you, great info

The DVD holds street/point-of-interest/etc data that is updated over the Bentley DVD that comes with the car. I live by GPS when travelling so know it works well. He is correct that the hardware is set as-delivered, yet data disc is the BMW version.

PS: Did a fast lookup and seems the 2014 is available from $15 DVD rips on eBay to $64 at www.bmwnavdvd.com/30-2014-high-2-disc-set.html ..or visit your local BMW dealer. These HIGH DVDs work.
Will try the eBay ones to see if they work.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:21 AM
Ciff, correct that only the data is updated, not the look/working of the unit.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:48 AM
cdavis43 is on a distinguished road
Thank u

Old 01-05-2014, 08:08 AM
mewyn will become famous soon enoughmewyn will become famous soon enough
DVD upgrade to GTC 2007

Hi: New member but have been lurking for several years since I bought my Bentley in 2008. Based on this thread I bought the 2014 Upgrade. I ejected the old Bentley disk and put in the BMW east coast disk and it seems to work well, so far. It lists golf courses in my area which were not there in the past. I did not install the firmware disk also included. I have ordered a few key fobs from China. In email they indicate I will be able to take all the guts from my beat up keys and install in their empty shells. Probably won't work but they were $15 so nothing ventured, nothing gained. When and if I receive them and attempt to install I will let you now

Old 01-11-2014, 11:34 PM
DVD Nav updated

I should have asked this before I pulled the trigger, but is this suppose to work with the navigation system of a 2008 GTC? I purchase one of the BMW 2014 Nav updates and the system does not do anything. I loaded the DVD and nothing happens. My Nav DVD reads Siemens copyright, the label for the BMW disc shows maps by TomTom (which I know from European trips)? Thought I ask before I go back to the vendor. Thks

Old 01-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Key fobs

Originally Posted by mewyn
Hi: New member but have been lurking for several years since I bought my Bentley in 2008. Based on this thread I bought the 2014 Upgrade. I ejected the old Bentley disk and put in the BMW east coast disk and it seems to work well, so far. It lists golf courses in my area which were not there in the past. I did not install the firmware disk also included. I have ordered a few key fobs from China. In email they indicate I will be able to take all the guts from my beat up keys and install in their empty shells. Probably won't work but they were $15 so nothing ventured, nothing gained. When and if I receive them and attempt to install I will let you now
Did the key fobs work? Do they look and feel like the factory ones?

Old 01-13-2014, 07:18 PM
mewyn will become famous soon enoughmewyn will become famous soon enough
I have not received them from china. Shipping notice says Jan 16 to Feb 15. I will post when I get them and try it. Mel

Old 01-19-2014, 10:44 AM
arbuckle44 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your help w/ updating my 2007 GTC DVD nav data base. I bought the 2014 updates (2 discs) from bmwnavdata.com and they work great! I was concerned that ebay discs might be copied from a format different than the BMW DVD HIGH DVDs.
Again, thanks for the good advice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 GTC DVD Nav 2013 Update