Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New Record

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BentleyF
It will lay the needle on 200 mph in my spur.
But it wore all 4 tires to the cords on the inside.
Beat a motorcycle jixer 600. Beat him 4 times each
Time I walked him down then ran away from him.
One run up top 200 killed the tires? Did you have on the original tires that are rated for that speed?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 AM
BentleyF will become famous soon enough
It was about 4 runs all of which I won.
Tires were from factory Yokohama 275/35/20. These were
Oem. With 13,000 miles. I did call dealer and
Was told that Bentley changed using them because
Of them not being able to handle weight

Old 04-18-2013, 10:31 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Most impressive BentleyF!

Old 04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Most impressive BentleyF!
Someone posted that they did not believe they
Will run 195. Our cars are under rated by Bentley
It's all over you tube. Bentley states 0-60 4.9
But mines factory is 4.5/6. I would post the links
But I don't know how.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Well I am one of the cynical skeptics but I do not mind being wrong. Actually I am quite used to it, being wrong that is. I usually find manufactures to over state their products.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:04 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
How much of a straight way do our cars need to get to these speeds?

Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 PM
after 140mph its very fast, I cant tell you distance but to top out a lot. however I can do 170 mph between exits,this is from 60-70 to 170...

Old 04-19-2013, 02:12 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
BTW S stands for ******* squeeze. My wife used to reach over and give the boys a squeeze in the bass boat when she felt i was going to fast.
And this was to do what in TN - discourage you? In TX we would just buy faster boats!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Marcus22 is on a distinguished road
The Bentley GT is fast.. but I would think just about any sport bike should walk away from it. One of my cars can take a stock litre bike.. but its got over twice the power of the Bentley and 30% less weight then the Bentley.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
And this was to do what in TN - discourage you? In TX we would just buy faster boats!
Any faster boat would be called an airplane. as it was there was more air touching the hull than water.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Marcus22
The Bentley GT is fast.. but I would think just about any sport bike should walk away from it. One of my cars can take a stock litre bike.. but its got over twice the power of the Bentley and 30% less weight then the Bentley.
I was playing with a sport bike the other day and it was apparent that he had more acceleration than me. Many of those things will do close to 200 and they get there a lot faster than any car I know of. I bet my Harley is faster to 80 or so than the Bentley but after that it tops out and the car will go by.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
You raced a bike that that tops out at about 160mph to what speed?

Someone posted that they did not believe they
Will run 195. Our cars are under rated by Bentley
It's all over you tube. Bentley states 0-60 4.9
But mines factory is 4.5/6. I would post the links
But I don't know how.
Just need a good launch if the power/weight/gearing allows it.

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I was playing with a sport bike the other day and it was apparent that he had more acceleration than me. Many of those things will do close to 200 and they get there a lot faster than any car I know of. I bet my Harley is faster to 80 or so than the Bentley but after that it tops out and the car will go by.
Iirc, the CVO Ultra Glide ran a mid-12sec quarter mile but at only 104mph or so. So a good race from a dig due to the launch. From a roll it's another story.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM
djjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nice
I wonder how 160 feels like with the top down

Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
The driving event I am going to next month is going to be at a racetrack with a 0.7 mile straight way. I am wondering what kind of speeds I'll be able to hit there considering I will be at around 40 Mph when entering the straight.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by ek1
The driving event I am going to next month is going to be at a racetrack with a 0.7 mile straight way. I am wondering what kind of speeds I'll be able to hit there considering I will be at around 40 Mph when entering the straight.
Do let us know. Personally I feel these cars don't even have to try to get to 120 or so. Only after the 150 mark do they even hint that they are beginning to slow in acceleration. 100 mph is loafing speed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Record