Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

CGT Passenger Mirror Memory Setting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Tintin is on a distinguished road
CGT Passenger Mirror Memory Setting

Hello

I'm new to the Bentley Continental and have been familiarising myself with some of the controls. Despite religiously following the owner manual I can't seem to get the passenger mirror to point down when selecting Reverse.

I have a 2005 Continental GT.

The procedure in the book is as follows:
  1. Switch the ignition on.
  2. Turn the mirror **** to the passenger side.
  3. Select Reverse.
  4. Adjust the mirror.
  5. On the seat press 'Set' for over 0.5 seconds.
  6. On the seat press the number matching the key which synchronised on entry.
  7. Switch off the ignition.
I tried it with keyless entry and using a key in the ignition switch but when I turn the engine on and select reverse the mirror doesn't move.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you.

Chris

Old 04-08-2013, 02:00 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
To set the passenger side mirror to passenger, you want to be in REVERSE (foot on brake of course). SO...

Car on and in reverse

Side view mirror **** set to passenger side

Adjust mirror how you want it.

On seat press set for 15 seconds (I think)

THEN press the # you want to set it at on the side of seat.

Done.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:03 AM
Hello Steven

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll try it out this evening and let you know.

Regards

Chris

Old 04-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Hello Steven

I tried following your method but sadly the mirror position was not memorised. Curiously the mirror does move to a slightly different position when I select reverse so it is moving to a 'reverse' position, just not the one I want!

If anyone else knows how to memorise the passenger mirror position when selecting reverse I would be very grateful to hear.

Regards

Chris

Old 04-09-2013, 08:26 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
My left mirror will move down if reverse is selected and mirror switch is in left position. However, I'm not able to set the mirror slightly lower thus always manually adjust lower for my preference.

So your mirror doesnt move downwards at all for reversing?

J

Originally Posted by Tintin
Hello Steven

I tried following your method but sadly the mirror position was not memorised. Curiously the mirror does move to a slightly different position when I select reverse so it is moving to a 'reverse' position, just not the one I want!

If anyone else knows how to memorise the passenger mirror position when selecting reverse I would be very grateful to hear.

Regards

Chris

Last edited by jc_333; 04-09-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Hello J

Curiously when I select Reverse my passenger mirror does move down slightly, but not enough to make any difference. It does appear as if it is moving to a memorised position albeit not far from the driving position.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Mine moves probably for a second or two at the most. Its a very small amount that I'm unable to see the ground thus I have to manually move it further down via switch.

BMW didnt had this problem and I cant find anything about setting reverse mirror angle in bentley workshop dvd. Maybe we could tweak the angle using rosstech but then I need to find out correct coding for mirror module.

J

Hello J

Curiously when I select Reverse my passenger mirror does move down slightly, but not enough to make any difference. It does appear as if it is moving to a memorised position albeit not far from the driving position.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Hello J

My manual does describe how to set and memorise the passenger mirror for reversing. It just doesn't actually remember the position!

Chris

Old 04-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi

I've not read the manual on that section but found some information that may work for you.

Engage reverse, wait until the mirror dips and then used the mirror **** to adjust to the desire dip angle, then put the adjuster **** in the centre setting, put the car in park. Put the mirror control back to the left and the car in reverse and viola you now hove the angle that you desire saved

Good luck! I will try this out tmr on my car.

One thing that annoys the hell outta me is the front seat position after flipping it back to let rear pax in. It never remembers original position and I have to manually adjust the seat forward. I think I need to reset the seat memory as it should move back to original position once seat has locked. How does your seat work?

J

Hello J

My manual does describe how to set and memorise the passenger mirror for reversing. It just doesn't actually remember the position!

Chris

Last edited by jc_333; 04-09-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Hello J

Of course, I should have thought of that. Not!

Thank you very much for finding that combination of moves out. I'll try it this evening.

Regards

Chris

Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 AM
Hello J

I tried the new combination of moves to set the passenger mirror but it didn't work for me. How did you get along?

As for letting people into the rear seats, I still find it confusing. Sometimes I flip the seat forward and it motors towards the front allowing easy access. I then flip the seat back to upright and press once, for about half a second, and the seat motors back to where it was (hurrah). Other times nothing happens at all. It doesn't seem consistent or I'm not consistent in my approach. There must be a 'correct' way of doing this that I just haven't learnt yet. I'll look at my manual at lunch time.

Regards

Chris

Old 04-10-2013, 03:31 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Tintin, yes the seats on early models can be a little wonky.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:35 AM
Hello Steven

What would be really good on this forum would be to create our own Alternative User Manual to a car such as the Continental GT. We could all contribute how things work in the real world (once we've figured it out) along with practical guidance as to how to maintain these lovely cars, not just a 'return to Dealer' attitude.

Regards

Chris

Old 04-10-2013, 04:34 AM
Chris, agree yet who has the time? Of course you can feel free to make a listing from the variety of posts here. What I usually do is use the SEARCH function as the common things have been discussed before with solutions. A single listing is nice, as I find a lot of useful info for Bentley GTs from 2004 to 20?? from what the VW Phaeton guys did at

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1652232

As newer years Bentley cars are manufactured they have evolved away from the Phaeton, yet 2004 to 2008 or so there is a lot of good info there. For those with new Bentleys, not so much.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-10-2013 at 04:37 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Hello

Method for letting people into the back. I looked in my manual and tested it at lunchtime, it works for me as follows: Fold the front seat forwards and the seat motors forwards to allow easy access. Passenger enters rear of car. Pull the front seat back upright and then press the backwards facing arrow, on the from seat back, briefly. The seat motors back to the previous position. Simple.

Regards

Chris

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CGT Passenger Mirror Memory Setting