Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

3 Spoke Steering Wheel Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Douyon is on a distinguished road
Love this steering wheel. My dad's FS has the four spoke, and I have to say I love my 3 spoke wheel much better.

Congratulations.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:26 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Can someone tell me what setting do I need to do in Steering wheel control in Vagcom to switch to 3spoke steering wheel? I updated mine but heated function doesn't seem to work. My old wheel has heated steering wheel.

I will post an instruction of how to remove the airbag and steering wheel if anyone is interested.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:21 AM
eddie89 is on a distinguished road
hi there, can you post the instructions on how to install the steering wheel please

Originally Posted by lilo1980
Can someone tell me what setting do I need to do in Steering wheel control in Vagcom to switch to 3spoke steering wheel? I updated mine but heated function doesn't seem to work. My old wheel has heated steering wheel.

I will post an instruction of how to remove the airbag and steering wheel if anyone is interested.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:03 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by eddie89
hi there, can you post the instructions on how to install the steering wheel please

hi hi do you need instruction on how to remove the old four spoke steering wheel?

Old 02-12-2019, 12:59 AM
bentleygtspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
I want Upgrade too on my gt Speed 2010. is this mod just Plug n Play? Do i Need further Parts? I found steering Wheel and bag from different User and different age. Is there just one Type of bag for 3 spoke steering Wheel?

From what i can See on the pictures the bag connector looks same.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:22 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
With a 2010 GT Speed, don't you already have a 3 spoke wheel? I'm thinking you might be referring to the 2018 3 spoke? Here are two pics. First is a 2010 GT Speed; second is a 2018 GT. If this is the switch that you're looking to make, I personally don't know the answer. This thread was about switching over from the original 4 spoke wheel to the one in the pic of the 2010 GT Speed.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:32 AM
Yes normaly. But the First owner Told me he ordered with this 4 Spoke Wheel. :/

As far i know all Speed versions do have the 3 spoke Wheel. But Mine Not.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:05 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
OK, so if you're looking for a 3 spoke as in the first pic, to replace the original 4 spoke as you say you have, then yes, the switch should be pretty much plug and play and bolt up. I did this switch on mine and air bag connects, plus accessory connects all matched.

Most of the 3 spoke wheels I've seen out there for sale do not have the heated wheel feature. If you car has, then you'll want to look for a wheel that has the button; otherwise, the space will have a blank. The wheel should still work, but you'll need the button to make the feature work.

One other small detail, when I switched over, every thing functioned as it should have except the cruise. I fixed this by recoding the steering wheel via VCDS.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:53 AM
I have no heated function and no acc. So everything Plug n Play. I have vcds. So just change some Bits ? And Thats it. i found an bag in Germany for good Price. Its from 2012

Old 02-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by bentleygtspeed
I have no heated function and no acc. So everything Plug n Play. I have vcds. So just change some Bits ? And Thats it. i found an bag in Germany for good Price. Its from 2012
Yes. I have been assuming you are in NA. If you are in Eur then I cannot guarantee that everything will work. Maybe, but I only have experience with North American cars.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:47 PM
So i changed Mine too 3 spoke. Everything work except Cruise Control. I can switch on and Off that It. Vcds simulate that all Switches works.

My coding is 000012. 1 is for 6 Switches and 2 is for electr adjustment. What i have to change.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:01 PM
So i changed Mine too 3 spoke. Everything work except Cruise Control. I can switch on and Off that It. Vcds simulate that all Switches works.

My coding is 000012. 1 is for 6 Switches and 2 is for electr adjustment. What i have to change.

Switch software code to 0000032 (five zeros 32). Try that.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:38 PM
Randy V is on a distinguished road
How much!?

Old 03-17-2019, 05:04 AM
I tried but couldnt Test Cruise Control. What i checked was that phone Button was like Cancel Button After that coding.

I will Test later again. 3 is for Low Wheel with 4 Buttons

Old 03-17-2019, 05:09 AM
I tried but couldnt Test Cruise Control. What i checked was that phone Button was like Cancel Button After that coding.

I will Test later again. 3 is for Low Wheel with 4 Buttons
32 worked for me on a NA car. I do not know about an ROW car. It's easy to try. You can always go back to 12.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3 Spoke Steering Wheel Upgrade