Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

How Much To Pay For A New Bentley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 12:54 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
according a local Bentley dealer in southern California, they are much more willing to deal on the W12. for the v8tt, they only offered minimal discount saying they are selling like hotcakes because they save so much more gas than the 12 and are in more demand.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:01 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Well it's a seller market for the V8 then so, I'd buy the W12.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:01 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I see a good amount of V8 GTs out there for sale at dealers. Some used 2013 for around $175k too.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 05-14-2014 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:24 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
As an owner of a 2013 V8, all else being equal, I would go for the W12. Again, that is assuming you find a W12 with all the specifications you desire. I bought the V8 because the options/color were unique and exactly how I would spec the car if we would have ordered it. If there was a W12 with exactly the same options available I would have chosen it over the V8. Why??? In spite of the marketing line and HP/Torque specs on paper, I found the low end grunt of the 12 cylinder from a dead stop to 30mph to be noticeably better than the V8 (no surprise there). Once at about 25-30 mph I found no difference between the two in the "seat of the pants dyno". (YMMV) If the car is used as a daily driver there is certainly merit to the V8 from a fuel economy standpoint as you will not have to stop for a refuel as often (my wife hates to fuel vehicles so I do it for her on Sunday as a ritual and she burns about 2/3 tank per week).

That being said, I doubt that you will be disappointed with either engine.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Robin I just wrote some stuff about you being so honorable and honest but I deleted it because it looked like I was making a pass at you. Your post seems to the point and I do understand the wife not liking to refuel any vehicle as my wife is the same way. On the other hand I find it odd to see anyone paying as much as they do for these cars and worrying about gas costs. If you are going green i again find some inconsistency buying a Bentley. These cars are an excess of all things. Does any really "need" all that a Bentley delivers?:roll eyes:

I would also wonder how the torque and acceleration compares from 120-150? I bet the W12 has more power in the reserve. Now grated who really needs such power but that is one of the points of owning the Bentley. To be fair the V8 sounds a bit better and may brave some weight advantages. Bottom line is both are super cars and you just need to boil down the factors that most important to that buyer. Color of paint and leather and wood with chrome grills is what made me buy the car I did. When that one car is in front of you you should know it to your very core.

Yellow lab I hope you are thrilled with every aspect of your car and purchase. If you like the deal then do it and never apologize to anyone.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Yellowlab is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like there are a bunch of happy owners. Normally I would want the most powerful version of a car but as I pointed out the Speed has a center console in the rear seat. My lab is my buddy, he has to go with me, at least some of the time. I guess it is a V8 S. Not a big convertible gut otherwise a GTC would work.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:25 PM
MS616 is infamous around these parts
Please check your Private Message.