Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

How Much To Pay For A New Bentley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Yellowlab is on a distinguished road
How Much To Pay For A New Bentley

I am in the market to buy a 2014 Continental GT. The dealer tells me there is not much markup in these vehicles which kind of baffles me. The MSRP on the vehicle is $220,000 US. What should I expect to pay or better yet what is a fair price?

Old 05-08-2014, 09:53 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Check Bentley Boston as they they have some good discounts on cars.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:54 PM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
I bought a 2013 GT-C LeMans edition at the end of November (2013) and bought it at 10.5% off MSRP. This was end of month and near end of year so I think they were really trying to move the '13 models.

edit- This was at FC Kerbeck in Palmyra, NJ (across river from Philly). Check their website to get an idea of possible prices.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the response. The salesman told me he could maybe knock off a grand or two. This is after my brother buying a new 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo and lust last week an Aventador. The thought of paying MSRP or close to it seems pricey.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:50 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
A new (never titled) 2013 GT Speed with W12 is $200k from $237. I've been eyeing it yet already have a GTC. The Speed W12 is fast. http://www.bentleyboston.com/new/Ben...dbb05beff5.htm

Old 05-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Have you had good luck with your GTC? I've never owned a Bentley and I read all sorts of crazy things about reliability?

Old 05-08-2014, 03:20 PM
The 07 GTC replaced the much-loved 06 GT. The GTC did have the dreaded engine false air problem so was not a cheap service. Other than that she has been good. The GT ran flawlessly for years. You're looking at the new models so should be highly reliable as things did get discovered/sorted as new models became available.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 05-09-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:06 AM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Minimum of 10 percent off sticker! dont listen to the dealers bull****

Old 05-12-2014, 08:43 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I expect these to be some of the more reliable sports/luxury cars. I bet the Lambo's can not make that claim. Have you seen the actual car you want? Or are you just considering any GT? They do differ a bit in the options and dressings of the car.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:05 PM
I am looking at the new GT V8 S. Being a new model I could understand that they would be hard to get but there are plenty of them on the dealer lots. They are not that much different than the other models. I would consider the W-12 Speed but I have a 110 lb. lab that needs to go with me and the W-12 has a rear console.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Yellowlab
I am looking at the new GT V8 S. Being a new model I could understand that they would be hard to get but there are plenty of them on the dealer lots. They are not that much different than the other models. I would consider the W-12 Speed but I have a 110 lb. lab that needs to go with me and the W-12 has a rear console.
So you have not picked out a particular car? When I was at Bentley of Nashville the salesman told me one of the attractive features of the new V8 was the pricing that was under the 200 mark. He said that $200K was a barrier that some hesitated to cross but at $198K the buyers felt better about the purchase.

At $220K that car better be loaded up the wazoo. How many leather colors, grills, wheels, should be a convertible for that price, stereo upgrade ect. ect. I am not sure what comes on the "S" package but I bet it is not a whopper all the way plus super size.

I do agree you need dog space, just watch them toenails.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:11 PM
YellowLab,

If you mean this car for $219 http://stlmotorcars.com/new/2014-ben...-stock-94797n/ I'd say $200. The 06 GT that was here had the same color combo and loved it. Make sure you add tinting for the ultimate effect

I did notice they had no massage seats. Seems to me dealers are ordering fewer of these and enjoyed that feature in the GT during looooong drives. Do see what you mean about the rear seat configuration of the V8 being more dog friendly than the W12. Whatever Bentley you get, make sure you keep the seats properly conditioned as dog nails can cause much damage, thus keeping the leather properly done should lower some of the damage.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 05-12-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:35 PM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
I would get a seat cover or else you will have marring of the leather. I had one for an A6 and for a Cayenne. They were not model specific IIRC but came in different colors. Neither car suffered from the feet of a 140# Komondor! When polled, 4 out of 5 dogs surveyed preferred to ride in a Bentley. I need an emoticon of a dog's head with slobber flying out and ears sailing away in the slipstream!

Old 05-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Actually I have picked out a car. I have found 4 dealers with one.

2014 GT V8 S - Glacier White with Hotspur/Beluga interior. The dealer here in St. Louis was going to do a dealer swap but they told me they could only discount the car $1000-2000. At this point I think I am better off going straight to the dealers and requesting a quote. My concern about that was getting service work done in my home town.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Yellow, I don't think you will have any problems getting good service. You will more likely buy your next one from that dealership if they provide good service on your current car. I bought from a NJ dealer as as they had exactly what we would have spec'd if we ordered one and I could get a better deal on a end of year model (not to mention I could get it immediately). It was not the easiest experience getting my trade from Louisiana up north and the new car back but with a little patience it was acceptable. I tried to get the vehicle released to my "local" (150 mi away) dealer in Houston but the NJ dealer would not play nice. I have had a minor issue serviced and the 1000mi courtesy checkout done by Houston (supposed to be free only from the selling dealership) without hesitation. I would have never known I didn't buy it from them. If going local was less than 3 or 4K difference in price I would have done that but it would have been a 4-6 month wait, 15+K more, and still would not have had details the limited edition one has.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Much To Pay For A New Bentley