Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Issue with USB/SD card for 2014 Bentley GTC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 03:40 AM
bgtc is on a distinguished road
Issue with USB/SD card for 2014 Bentley GTC

Just got a 2014 Bentley GTC a few days ago. I can't figure out a few things;

1. Does the Bentley GTC come a usb input? My BMW has an input in the center console but all I see in the Bentley is a input for an ipad/iphone in the glove.

2. I tried to use the SD slot, the SD card I used was a 8GB SDHC SanDisk and it gave me a "card error" message. What card does the Bentley system accept? Does my card have to be formatted to FAT?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by bgtc; 06-22-2014 at 03:43 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:47 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Have not used that system, yet am guessing yes the card needs to be formatted in FAT like many other such units. The USB plug may be in the glove box in a storage area just below the CD changer. It might be hidden by a black flap you need to move downward.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Have not used that system, yet am guessing yes the card needs to be formatted in FAT like many other such units. The USB plug may be in the glove box in a storage area just below the CD changer. It might be hidden by a black flap you need to move downward.
I'll take a look tomorrow for the USB port and format my SD card to FAT and see if that does the trick, thanks for the quick response.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:55 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
Sorry, no USB port. I feel your pain (particularly since my 2010 pick-em-up truck does and also allows me to rip cd's directly to the HDD). Look in the owner's manual and it describes the file formats and disk types that are compatible; I can't recall offhand what the nuances are but I was able to get my 2013 to read the SD card after a little reading.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by robinardoin
Sorry, no USB port. I feel your pain (particularly since my 2010 pick-em-up truck does and also allows me to rip cd's directly to the HDD). Look in the owner's manual and it describes the file formats and disk types that are compatible; I can't recall offhand what the nuances are but I was able to get my 2013 to read the SD card after a little reading.
You're correct. I had a chance to look at the manual and snoop around the glove compartment and there's no USB input, very disappointed. I'm going to try my SD card tomorrow and see if it works. I personally can't stand using a SD card; I always tend to misplace it.