Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Road to affording a Bentley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Shredderrr is on a distinguished road
Close Thread Please.

Got my answers from a variety of great helpful people, no need to continue this thread any further.

Last edited by Shredderrr; 08-15-2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Received answers to my questions.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I had to wait till I was 52 years old to be in the proper position to buy one of these cars. I went to dental school, built a practice and worked for 33 years to afford my car. Most of the owners hear are not young men and have worked their way up the ladder so to speak. I truly do understand your appreciation for this car but don't be discourage if things take time.

Honestly I would recommend buying some more modest cars and enjoy your climb up the scale.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:13 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Programming / coding / apps / algorithms / IT / etc.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-11-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Start-up #1: Started company in 1998 acguired in 1999.
Start-up #2: Started company in 2001 went IPO in 2007.

Just one lucky bastard in Silicon Valley. End of story!!!

Old 08-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CALGUY
Start-up #1: Started company in 1998 acguired in 1999.
Start-up #2: Started company in 2001 went IPO in 2007.

Just one lucky bastard in Silicon Valley. End of story!!!
I am jealous. Good fortune is very real and also the down turn for some. There are no guarantees in this life and as the OP admits some are born into fortune. I was not and still work hard to pay the bills and pleasures. Not complaining at all for I am blessed beyond most but not with out great effort.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:42 AM
MerryMicrobe will become famous soon enough
Profits from Apple stock bought my GTC (BTW - you want a GTC, not a GT. You are much too young to own a GT and will be for quite some time. Ok?)

So, I would suggest that you talk your parents into loaning you say $100,000 for five years. Then buy Apple stock with it (AAPL) and hang on for dear life. In 5 years you will be 22 and sporting a GTC.

Last edited by MerryMicrobe; 08-12-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by MerryMicrobe
Profits from Apple stock bought my GTC (BTW - you want a GTC, not a GT. You are much too young to own a GT and will be for quite some time. Ok?)

So, I would suggest that you talk your parents into loaning you say $100,000 for five years. Then buy Apple stock with it (AAPL) and hang on for dear life. In 5 years you will be 22 and sporting a GTC.
Tom will you loan me $100'000 a year for five years and wait for five more? I will pay you back the principle and $10 if I make profit. If I don't I'll just send you the $10. If you die before then, well------- I'm just to the good.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:21 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Loan? Start some shadow/shell company. Then simply borrow off the current assets from multiple banks and use leverage within the market. It is the same thing those Big Guys like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, etc do each and every day. This is simple math and market forces. It is not rocket science. If things go South, just claim bankruptcy, close out that shell company and then wash, rinse, repeat. Ask Donald Trump how easy it is to wipe out major debt time and time again

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-12-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Loan? Start some shadow/shell company. Then simply borrow off the current assets from multiple banks and use leverage within the market. It is the same thing those Big Guys like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, etc do each and every day. This is simple math and market forces. It is not rocket science. If things go South, just claim bankruptcy, close out that shell company and then wash, rinse, repeat. Ask Donald Trump how easy it is to wipe out major debt time and time again
With my luck I would be the first case that they "made an example" out of. I'd be the first guy to rot in prison for it. I'm still waiting for the Merrymicrobe to come up with the easy cash. And he's really old so he might have expired before the note comes due.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:09 PM
It is all 100% legal, that is the beauty of it

Same goes for HFT

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-12-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:18 PM
It is all 100% legal, that is the beauty of it

Same goes for HFT
Then why aren't you doing it?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Then why aren't you doing it?
b/c he's too busy enjoying the music. lol There are multiple paths to getting a Bentley, there's no right or wrong path, there will be speed bumps along the way, and majority of the population only dream of this path but very few who actually walks towards it to the end. Now send me $5 to my paypal account, I didn't get to where I am by giving free advice.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Dr. D, because I'm too lazy, or honest. Honestly, if you really want to know, am just too lazy. i'm the guy who makes wheat bread at Subway.

Oh yeah, I'm rolling in the dough.

Note to self, send Ynot $5

Old 08-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ynot
b/c he's too busy enjoying the music. lol There are multiple paths to getting a Bentley, there's no right or wrong path, there will be speed bumps along the way, and majority of the population only dream of this path but very few who actually walks towards it to the end. Now send me $5 to my paypal account, I didn't get to where I am by giving free advice.
I gave my advice first and you read it, we are even then.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Dr. D, because I'm too lazy, or honest. Honestly, if you really want to know, am just too lazy. i'm the guy who makes wheat bread at Subway.

Oh yeah, I'm rolling in the dough.

Note to self, send Ynot $5
That method is not respectable and in the grand scheme of things where there is a big GOD settling accounts I don't need to rack up any more demerits.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Road to affording a Bentley