Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Day 1 - W12 & V8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Condor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud of
Day 1 - W12 & V8

My brother and I had our Bentleys delivered today;

2010 GT Speed
&
2013 V8

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140926_171604.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	402838   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140926_171525.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	402839   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140926_171500.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	402840  

Last edited by Condor Man; 09-26-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:35 PM
harshaw79 is on a distinguished road
Awesome!!!! happy motoring!!

Old 09-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your new ride.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:50 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wonderful, congrats!

Old 09-27-2014, 07:16 AM
Condor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud of
Thanks Heaps

Old 09-27-2014, 10:41 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
2 lucky fella's. Nice cars.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Nice one.....both look stunning. Will you be posting what its like to drive both of them. Differences etc etc .

Old 09-28-2014, 05:35 AM
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
Nice one.....both look stunning. Will you be posting what its like to drive both of them. Differences etc etc .
I actually expected the W12 to be quicker, however at no point did the V8 pull away from me, nor did I catch him.

They were both very evenly matched. I think that the V8's 8 speed gearbox had a fair bit to do with that.

Now the V8 definitely sounds better, handles better and looks better. Plus it has 40% better fuel economy, so my preference would be the V8.

And don't get me started on the speed's phone Bluetooth system.

Having stated this, the speed is so beautiful to look at and the ride is far more elegant and luxurious.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:50 AM
So Day 1 came and went..... as did my speed.

It wasgreat, however the car was just not me.

So, I have purchased a 2015 V8s white with Mulliner pack.

Arrives in 10 days and will be delivered on 2nd Jan for 2015 compliance.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:54 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Am curious what you felt didn't quite match up to your preferences / lifestyle with the Speed? Have debated the Speed for tighter suspension and, let us all be honest here, the GT / GTC rear seats are impossible for true usability.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Nice one, congratulations on the purchase

Old 12-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Am curious what you felt didn't quite match up to your preferences / lifestyle with the Speed? Have debated the Speed for tighter suspension and, let us all be honest here, the GT / GTC rear seats are impossible for true usability.
I have a GT Speed and do use the rear for 2 adults, yes its a bit tight but have you ever owned a 911 turbo and tried the same thing, ni on impossible. I do think the GT is a good compromise.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Well, the problem is that my wife's 13 year old daughter and her friend hate the rear seats. Have used the rear seats maybe five times over the span of four years of GT/GTC usage. Wish they had more legroom and you are 100% right the 911 is more of a joke for rear seat space.

I do like the GTC as this allows me to put the top down to then store large items, put the top back up if it can, as some items I transport will not fit within the trunk. Funny, come to think about it have used the rear seats in the GTC more for transporting large items than for human transportation LOL

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 12-07-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Well, the problem is that my wife's 13 year old daughter and her friend hate the rear seats. Have used the rear seats maybe five times over the span of four years of GT/GTC usage. Wish they had more legroom and you are 100% right the 911 is more of a joke for rear seat space.

I do like the GTC as this allows me to put the top down to then store large items, put the top back up if it can, as some items I transport will not fit within the trunk. Funny, come to think about it have used the rear seats in the GTC more for transporting large items than for human transportation LOL

Well isn't that a good thing, nothing worse than 2 screaming adolescent teenagers in the back when you get a drift on. plus they would ruin my Pink Floyd and AC /DC enjoyment

Old 12-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Day 1 - W12 & V8