Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Thinking of buying a 2004 Bentley GT.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 11:55 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Congratulations and happy motoring. Enjoy it!

Old 10-24-2014, 05:07 PM
kevindhamilton is on a distinguished road
Congrats! I bought mine a few months ago. Most fun and best car I've ever owned. Wife was driving it the other day and some woman yelled out "Damn girl look at you!"... she got a kick out of it.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:33 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
My wife does not like to drive the GTC much at all. She hates the attention and will not even look around to see if others are admiring the car.

I mentioned a RR one day and she said she would never ride with me in a car like that.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:53 AM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
My wife does not like to drive the GTC much at all. She hates the attention and will not even look around to see if others are admiring the car.

I mentioned a RR one day and she said she would never ride with me in a car like that.
I didn't know my wife had a sister!

Old 11-08-2014, 02:17 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by steppe2223
I am thinking of buying a 2004 Bentley GT with 45k miles for $58k. The dealer stated he did an oil change, replaced the TPS on all 4 tires, and changed the 3rd break light. I know the dealer gets the cars from auction. I checked the car fax and it's a two owner car. Not too much info on the services done though. It does look like the gear shift **** was changed a few times?? What else if any should I check on the car. I know there is a 40k mile service. I would be using this as a daily driver. Is this year a reliable car and do you think the local Bentley Dealer here in Charlotte, NC would provide me a derive history? Thanks Jon-
Congrats Jon on your purchase!

I have owned a 04 now for 1.5 years and have been great. The maintenance and repairs could be expensive compared to a normal car but the price is worth it.

Bentley's design is timeless. Even though our car is 10 year-old, it still looks very new and doesn't feel outdated.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by glh
I didn't know my wife had a sister!
Both these girls would never spend on jewelry, makeup or outfits because they want to look as plain and poor as possible.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:45 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Both these girls would never spend on jewelry, makeup or outfits because they want to look as plain and poor as possible.
Hahahhh you have found your treasure, my friend!

Love a woman who doesn't get affected by blings

Old 11-11-2014, 03:41 AM
Digger11 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lilo1980
Congrats Jon on your purchase!

I have owned a 04 now for 1.5 years and have been great. The maintenance and repairs could be expensive compared to a normal car but the price is worth it.

Bentley's design is timeless. Even though our car is 10 year-old, it still looks very new and doesn't feel outdated.
Had my 2004 for 2 years and still adore it. Still get young kids with their parents point at it in excitement and people on gas stations sometimes come up for a chat.
Is just beautiful to look at and yes repairs can be bit expensive, but i always knew that.
Is reasonably powerful as well !!!

Old 11-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by lilo1980
Hahahhh you have found your treasure, my friend!

Love a woman who doesn't get affected by blings
Of course i was using irony pointing out the inconsistencies of some females. If you want to hide and blend in then do not buy a Bentley. Of course if you are an egomaniac and worship self you ned this car. Tongue in cheek of course as I have been nearly accused of that.

Your reasons to buy any particular car are yours and I hope you enjoy it.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:25 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
What if we worship our young, blonde, farmer's daughter wife and that causes me to get her La Perla? What say you Dr. D?

Old 11-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Of course i was using irony pointing out the inconsistencies of some females. If you want to hide and blend in then do not buy a Bentley. Of course if you are an egomaniac and worship self you ned this car. Tongue in cheek of course as I have been nearly accused of that.

Your reasons to buy any particular car are yours and I hope you enjoy it.
Well said.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Digger11
Had my 2004 for 2 years and still adore it. Still get young kids with their parents point at it in excitement and people on gas stations sometimes come up for a chat.
Is just beautiful to look at and yes repairs can be bit expensive, but i always knew that.
Is reasonably powerful as well !!!
It is hard to look at other cars once you have the Continental GT. I hope to upgrade to the convertible version in a few years.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
What if we worship our young, blonde, farmer's daughter wife and that causes me to get her La Perla? What say you Dr. D?
I'd say buy all the La Perla you can while it's young and blond because old and grey will work better in full checked flannel.

Do not put off the things you like today because you may not be able or have desire for such tomorrow. I mean who wants to buy a 600hp car when your to old to get a speeding ticket?

Old 11-18-2014, 03:26 AM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
...as plain as possible...while tanning on the yacht there is no question of ever selling!!!

Old 11-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by glh
...as plain as possible...while tanning on the yacht there is no question of ever selling!!!

It's always great to have a newer model with low milage. On the other hand the older "car" may be more fully paid for. Or in need of the major service items.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a 2004 Bentley GT.