Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Advantages of "window shopping" in a Bentley!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 08:56 AM
MerryMicrobe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
As I recall you had the boot of the GTC masterfully packed to the maximum and I am very let down to hear the boot f the Mulsanne is small. Intolerable! I do think the layout of the dash and interior is more stunning in the Bentleys'.
I have to agree that the Mulsanne is a very, very special work of art and drives like a dream. It (and the Ghost as well) is very nimble and drives like a much smaller car. At the end of my three day test, I did not want to give the Mulsanne back to the dealer. However I could say the same thing about my Ghost.

I would have to change out those wheel on that Ghost as that is true one thing that puts me off a bit. They look a bit to "old man" for me.
Then, to the contrary, they should fit you to a tee.

It seems the RR I have seen are a bit understated for me.
You are right. From the dictionary: "understated |ˌəndərˈstātid| adjective presented or expressed in a subtle and effective way: understated elegance.

I think if I could own only one of them I would choose my Bentley GTC and up until recently I would gravitate toward the Spur as a 2nd PMC. However my love of this car has reshaped my thinking. For me, and maybe only for me, the combination of the GTC and the Ghost is the perfect combination. Each compliments the other and shouts "we belong together". That is why I am suggesting to those of you who might buy a Spur or a Mulsanne in the future to try out a Ghost and see what you think.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I agree completely with you about the ultimate combine at ion of cars. The GTC is the first car and if only owning one that would be it. To add a second an upscale four door would be the choice and I would probably choose the Ghost if for no other reason than to own a second make of car. The RR is a top of the heap car to aspire to own.

I doubt I would get a FS to back up a GTC as that seems redundant to me.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 12-22-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:31 AM
I agree completely with you about the ultimate combine at ion of cars. The GTC is the first car and if only owning one that would be it. To add a second an upscale four door would be the choice and I would probably choose the Ghost if for no other reason than to own a second make of car. The RR is a top of the heap car to aspire to own.
Thanks for your thoughts.

I doubt I would get a FS to back up a GTC as that seems redundant to me.
I made two serious attempts to take the FS plunge. I configured many versions (see attached for one of them) and even borrowed one from the dealer to see how it would fit in the garage. Each time I backed off and really couldn't explain why. Maybe your thought on it was the reason deep down. Having said that I think anyone who gets a Spur to compliment their GT or GTC is lucky and will probably enjoy it immensely. What problems to have.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FS1.png
Views:	40
Size:	427.8 KB
ID:	410333   Click image for larger version

Name:	FS2.png
Views:	48
Size:	445.2 KB
ID:	410334   Click image for larger version

Name:	FS3.png
Views:	47
Size:	569.8 KB
ID:	410335   Click image for larger version

Name:	FS4.png
Views:	44
Size:	502.3 KB
ID:	410336   Click image for larger version

Name:	FS5.png
Views:	47
Size:	411.2 KB
ID:	410338  

Last edited by MerryMicrobe; 12-22-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:43 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I agree again. I am shocked that I agree so easily with you as i love to argue so much. I would never adversely judge a fellow that bought a FS to back up a GT. In fact I'd goad him on to get a Mulsanne also and keep room in the garage for the new SUV. A Bentley full house.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:47 AM
I agree again. I am shocked that I agree so easily with you as i love to argue so much. I would never adversely judge a fellow that bought a FS to back up a GT. In fact I'd goad him on to get a Mulsanne also and keep room in the garage for the new SUV. A Bentley full house.
I think you meant four of a kind.

Funny you should mention the SUV.

Last edited by MerryMicrobe; 12-22-2014 at 08:49 AM.