Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Lost my key...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 11:34 AM
rsprance is on a distinguished road
Lost my key...

I lost my key this past week and the dealer wants $770 to replace it. Any suggestions of things that people have tried? He told me that I could not get one on eBay and have it programmed. Has anyone had success with this?

Ryan

Old 01-22-2015, 01:20 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Have you asked the wife where it is yet????

I believe they have you over a barrel.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:55 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
My main dealer in Cheshire said that some keys can be re-programmed.
To be honest, I would ask an independent what they think and then get one from Ebay if it's do-able.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Zaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond repute
Depends if you got a gen 1 or gen 2 key fob. Instead for getting a blank Bentley fob, get an Audi one. Ebay has some really cheap. Like $10 or so. Then purchase a used Bentley fob from ebay for $200 or so and transfer the guts (of course, you can also use the Audi one). I posted the howto on this forum. Then you can go to the dealer to have it programmed, or get a Ross-Tech VAG-CAN and program it yourself. Finally, get the blade cut. All should cost less than $400