Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley flying spur.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 09:33 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
ULSRTUP what a fantastically funny post, I bow to your humor. I can understand completely the power of the wife. Mine is neither young nor educated or any other outstanding quality other than being the female that i love. Not withstanding she can be a power to be reckoned with. There is no animal on the planet that is too be feared or dreaded more than the human female. Enjoythemusic and trophy make me sick.

Fortunatley for me my wife loved the Bentely better than the Merc, Jag or Porsche. She even joked about the car making her so hot that……..

I have joked about getting a RR and she makes the same comments about not ever being in a car like that being to big and over opulent.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:33 PM
MerryMicrobe will become famous soon enough
Smile

Originally Posted by ULSTRUP
I painfully realized that at close to 60yo and 23years of marriage I'm still an idiot!!

Wednesday, when I went to Bentley to pick up the FS, my wife wanted to come along. That was a first since she is much more interested in horses rather than horsepower...
anyway, I was very glad that, for once, she was interested in a car I was buying....

Bentley Monaco has a very nice way to receive their customers, they make you sit in a very nice wood panelled room and offer you coffee and cookies when waiting for your car to arrive.
then, my , magnificent, Beluga Bentley Flying Spur arrived.... when she saw the car my wife made a face I know very well and I suddenly started sweating.
the salesman came in and asked my wife if she liked the car.
wrong question, wrong timing...
in essence she said:
yes indeed, for a glorified hearse it looks allright....and turning toward me she said: don't even dream of driving me in that car.

at this stage, the salesman nearly fainted and I was calculating, in my head, how much a divorce was going to cost me!
looking around in the garage, she pointed a continental GT and said that she believed that this was the car I was buying not a limousine looking like a hearse, again!and designed to transport old arthritic English Lords.

she was, obviously, upset.
and do not believe that I'm married with one of those one-neurone, 30 years younger than me trophy wife, my wife is an international lawyer and she is 50yo.
to shorten the story, we ended asking the salesman if he had any Continental GT for sale....
and we, well she I must say, ended buying an sapphire blue with saffron and blue interior 2007CGT with 28kmiles.
the car was a little more expensive so the salesman made no problem to cancel the sale of the FS and do the new paper work for the CGT.

I will pick up the car, alone, this evening....
that's a story proving how we, poor weak men, are manipulated by our wives!!!
somehow I start to believe that this, infamous, Muslim saying:'' beat your wife everyday, if you don't know why, she knows!''
is not without interest...

sorry for the long post but I had to share that since I'm still shocked!
Old Texas saying: "If they didn't have pussies, we would be hunting them in the woods with dogs!"

Last edited by MerryMicrobe; 02-27-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MerryMicrobe
Old Texas saying: "If they didn't have pussies, we would be hunting them in the woods with dogs!"
I'm not sure we'd even go throughout that much trouble. Nice saying though.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:12 PM
MerryMicrobe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I'm not sure we'd even go throughout that much trouble. Nice saying though.
Thanks for your support in this matter.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by MerryMicrobe
Thanks for your support in this matter.
Good to see you posting again.