Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Continental GT vs Maserati Quattroporte.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:59 AM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by glh
Through all this reading the funny thing is that the CGT is 959 pounds heavier than the Maserati or close to 22% heavier and still performs.
yes, but don't forget this

''2/ weight/HP ratio :
CGT = 4.5kg/hp
QP = 5.2 kg/hp

the power of the W12 is massive.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Neither of these are classified as sports cars but both are strong cars. Since I have the Bentley it is quite obvious which one I think wins the competition.

Still like the QP. Why not consider the Aston Martin Rapide?

Old 03-03-2015, 08:45 PM
I think that the CGT and the QP are very different, as I said earlier.
It's the reason I didn't sold the QP when I bought the CGT
The Rapide is a nice car, indeed. I really wanted a GT and the AM is NOT a 2+2, no one can seat in the back comfortably.

Besides, AM has not the financial and the technological strength of VAG the design is amazing (do you know that the VANTAGE/DB9 series had been designed by a Dane? Henrik Fisker who also designed the BMW Z8) but the technology is obsolete.

I now drive 2 cars built by VAG, the CGT and the R8 and they are both technological wonders!

Old 03-04-2015, 12:17 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ULSTRUP
... the CGT and the R8 and they are both technological wonders!

Am curious about your feelings on the Nissan GTR. It's an incredible tech-wonder for relatively reasonable money when it comes to performance and putting/keeping the power on the tarmac.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:25 AM
I never drove the Nissan GTR.
Thus, I have no opinion.
aesthetically I find it ugly. it's figures are impressive but I'm far from impressed by the interior photos I have seen.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:07 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I did take a used one out for a test ride and was not impressed. I think I was expecting more raw power but it did not feel especially fast. They are not that special looking but if I was to mod a car this is the one to take into the realm of ultra vulgar with body kits, outlandish paint and a totally blow motor. Things that should not be done to the finer super cars. IMHO.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 03-04-2015 at 07:27 AM.