Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Service Bentley FS at VW Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Douyon is on a distinguished road
Service Bentley FS at VW Dealer

I met a VW service manager over the weekend at a dinner party. We began speaking and he told me that I could have my 09 FS serviced at the VW dealership where he is the service manager. He says they service Pheaton, and the cars are fundamentally the same. What are your thoughts on this?

Old 06-01-2015, 11:59 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, they are fundamentally the same car.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:27 PM
donjuan1605 will become famous soon enoughdonjuan1605 will become famous soon enough
They are very similar, so is the A8L W12. However, many times it is difficult to compare parts. For example, the spark plugs for the A8L W12 and the Flying Spur are completely different. I would recommend at least buying official Bentley parts.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Douyon is on a distinguished road
The offer from the VW service manager was very nice. I was just curious if anyone on the site had any service done at VW. I'm very happy with Chris my 15 year master Bentley Tech at Ferrari, Masarati, Bentley in Edison NJ. They will pickup and drop off from my home. Just received quote for 40K/7 year service.
2 big items are Sparkplug replacement and break line replacement with oil, filters, fluids, and overall inspection.
Total service should cost about $3,700.00.
I love this car.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
I would think obtaining parts - especially if something unexpected is found during service - would pose a significant problem and delay. I've always used Paul Miller Rolls Royce - Bentley here in NJ and have always been happy. IF I could find a non-dealer mechanic for fluid changes - I've give that a try...

Stu

Last edited by Sezme; 06-02-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:26 AM
lefizzet is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sezme
I would think obtaining parts - especially if something unexpected is found during service - would pose a significant problem and delay. I've always used Paul Miller Rolls Royce - Bentley here in NJ and have always been happy. IF I could find a non-dealer mechanic for fluid changes - I've give that a try...

Stu
Really? I went there once to get AC fixed and just figured to I'd get an oil change as well without asking for the price....huge mistake. $700 to be exact...absolutely unnecessary for them to charge that much.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:55 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
A few years back was at the local VW dealership and he quoted me around $150 for oil change.