Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Some sad news

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 10:17 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
LOL! Naaa, it is USB 3 and cloud integration for streaming audio, video, sync'ing your address book, etc. Simple voice and text messaging from the car's system is so 2005.

Also expect Hi-Res Audio and 4k video making their way into the fold. Just as an FYI, I helped with the MicroSoft's AutoPC in 2009, which was back in the day when no one else had a great single solution for Nav, address book, voice recognition, etc. within a dash unit.

I'm waiting for Android and Apple to be fully implemented into the Bentley. This would solve many problems so they can easily pawn off (read: free) the responsibilities to OS app developers for Nav, live traffic updates, etc. All Bentley has to do is embed the OS into the car's video/audio system plus the normal Wi-Fi/cell data integration. Easy stuff really. Then Bentley can easily offer an app that does everything from vehicle location and security to windows/top operation, monitoring the 'health' of the vehicle... and all the usual app bits.
Exactly! This is (relatively) free technology. Why every car doesn't come with this, as standard, is way beyond me.
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
So if it is so easy and possibly cheap WHY has Bentley not done it?...
Which exactly why some of us are surprised that it doesn't already. BUT - there was a great point raised earlier - what is the target customer? And do they care if it is there? Would it even be used?

Old 06-18-2015, 07:38 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I have two new Harleys and a new Audi that are full of electrical tech goodies and I bet i don't use 5% of the capacity. I may use that %5 everyday but may never touch the other features.

As dependent as we are on cell phones and digital music there is no excuse for not getting these even for the old geezers. They just need the big oversized buttons with pictures on them like the cell phone my parents have.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:36 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
So if it is so easy and possibly cheap WHY has Bentley not done it? In your opinion , which is correct and superior of course. All bow with reverence at this time to hear the Wizard speak.
Apple and Android each have their own pros and cons. There are ways to have both. Or we could just screw with the old guys and go full Unix platform.

Or COBOL. Yeah, we should have COBOL and see how that goes. Just hope they code it correctly for Y2K.