Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Best tire brands

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 12:17 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Oh BTW if ire call correctly they have about a t 30K mile tread wear rating????? They will never make that. What should I do if they don't?
Take your receipt to a Mich dealer and odds are they'll pro-rate for new ones.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by vanslam
I am loving my AS3 in the light snow and cold weather. They grip like no ones business and the ride is top notch. Just got back from the dealer and the tech told me about what tire pressure to use. Comfort 35 front 30 rear, sport 41 front 35 rear, top speeb 49 front 41 rear. I am in the sport tire pressure setting.
Hum? 8 Pound difference from front to rear??? I thought the book called for a four pound differential? The 35/30 sounds like flat tires to me I run 44/40 and have not had any issues. Isn't is a shame we are speed limited to 186mph now?

Old 01-18-2016, 03:18 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
44F/40R seems more right to me. I run the PSS at 43/39.5 (have a gauge accurate to 0.20 PSI yet has 0.10 readout so it is 'slightly off').

Old 01-19-2016, 09:04 AM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Hum? 8 Pound difference from front to rear??? I thought the book called for a four pound differential? The 35/30 sounds like flat tires to me I run 44/40 and have not had any issues. Isn't is a shame we are speed limited to 186mph now?
Numbers quoted by Technician. Also check your driver door jam you will see the 49/41 number posted. Oh my gosh only 186, my mistake I am taking them back and getting stock since I am always driving at 200+ all the time.. Yeah right

Old 01-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by vanslam
Numbers quoted by Technician. Also check your driver door jam you will see the 49/41 number posted. Oh my gosh only 186, my mistake I am taking them back and getting stock since I am always driving at 200+ all the time.. Yeah right
I am not sure where I git the numbers that I had for the pressures but i'll look onto it. Yeh the terrible loss having to slow down to under 186 is almost unbearable.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:15 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
I use those.

275/40R-19 PIRELLI P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS XL

Anything else lasts about 3 days considering our cars weight 5200#

Old 03-16-2016, 11:04 AM
Old thread revival to report on the Michelin PS A/S3.

I got 10'000 miles and they are done, I mean overdone . I liked the ride and grip but the wear is no better than the OEM tires. I am going back to the shop that put them on and play stupid and ask how many more miles I should go before I buy new ones from them??? Set up!!!!!!!!

Oh they will say I need them today and don't dare drive that dangerous tire home. That is when I will produce my sale copy from last year and reveal only 10K. I did look up the warranty and it is a tread wear of 35K. I hope to get the next set for cheap.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:41 AM
You should get the next set pro-rated. Keep us posted!

Old 03-16-2016, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
You should get the next set pro-rated. Keep us posted!
I think you are right and we will see what their idea of pro-rated is. I will LYK.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:21 AM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
on MSS, driving mostly on Highways, I have done 20kKM and they are good for another 5000 km.....
so it seems that the Michelin Super Sport last much longer than the Michelin PS A/S3.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:07 AM
Am also getting relatively good life out of the PSS. Something tells me Dr. D might be doing a bit more 'fun' driving than he's letting on. Either than or he's driving it like he stole it and all that

Dr. D, QUESTION, you did get the Extra Load rated version I hope.

The PSS here are 275/40ZR19 (105Y) XL 2039 lbs.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 03-19-2016 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Ha Ha Steven but he's what went down. They measured the tire wear at the shop and called Michelin. When Michelin came back with the warranty reply offer they did tell the tire dealer that i might be "abising "the tires. Not me.:roll eyes:

So after 10K miles the tire dealer tells me that i am probably the first guy in history to get a new set of PS AS/3 for $400. Merry Christmas to me.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Dr. D, you'd never, ever, no way "shamooze" a set of tah-yours.

$400 sounds about right for a brand new set

Old 03-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Dr. D, you'd never, ever, no way "shamooze" a set of tah-yours.

$400 sounds about right for a brand new set
If any tires were absolutely abused it was the second set of the Pirelli P Zero Nero's. I made them *****es (female dog) moan and howl all the time.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 03-22-2016 at 12:01 PM.