So my 04 GT... Has 19 inch rims.....
What's the best tire?
I see Michelin super sorts
Pirelli zero
Hankook Ventoos S1
Yokohama advanta
Continental contusions
Kumbo ecsta

What's the consensus? No snow down here in south Florida. Often get to 100 mph.

Also what other rims can I put on my car?

Old 07-04-2015, 05:59 PM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
hankook! i have used them for years.a tire dealer/ customer in the caribbean told me about them. quiet, smooth ride, wear well. perhaps not sporty but work for me.i buy all my tires from discount tire direct fast,reasonable and no tax

Old 07-04-2015, 09:01 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Have the 19s and use the Mich PSS. Far higher grip than Pirelli and good in heavy rain too. Lived in S FL for many years and these are possibly the best. Tire Rack rates them as the best.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Arachnophobia will become famous soon enoughArachnophobia will become famous soon enough
Mine has 20's and currently I have Hankooks but I think I am going to try the Mich PSS since I have heard a lot of good things about them.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:27 PM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
I have 19s and use the Mich PSS. Replaced Pirelli. Very happy.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I am happy with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/3. Good ride ,wear, much quieter and can be ridden in cooler weather. They are only speed rated to 185 but as you have indicated you have some margin there is you only get to 100mph.

The OEM Pirelli P Zero SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh they do grip well but wear out in a week, ride like bricks and sound like a freight train.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 07-09-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor
BlackMarketRacing will become famous soon enoughBlackMarketRacing will become famous soon enough
Michelin is what I hear the most positive feedback on as well.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
The OEM Pirelli P Zero SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awww c'mon, tell us how you really feel

Oh they (stock Pirelli) do grip well
Err, ummm, no they don't. Pirelli P Zero are nowhere near as good a grip as Mich PSS in dry and rain conditions.

but wear out in a week, ride like bricks and sound like a freight train.

So, ummm... you're saying the Bentley stock Pirelli P Zero tires suck?

Old 07-13-2015, 07:03 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Awww c'mon, tell us how you really feel

Err, ummm, no they don't. Pirelli P Zero are nowhere near as good a grip as Mich PSS in dry and rain conditions.

So, ummm... you're saying the Bentley stock Pirelli P Zero tires suck?
For the slow on the forum I do not care for nor will ever buy again the Pirelli P Zero. I doubt the grip on the A/S3 equals the SS as Steven(slow) has pointed out but I will give up some grip for all the other assets of the Michelin tire,

Old 01-14-2016, 09:17 AM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I am happy with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/3. Good ride ,wear, much quieter and can be ridden in cooler weather. They are only speed rated to 185 but as you have indicated you have some margin there is you only get to 100mph.

The OEM Pirelli P Zero SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh they do grip well but wear out in a week, ride like bricks and sound like a freight train.
I just got a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/3. MY stock Pirelli and Michelin Super Sport both last 15,000 miles but the Michelin felt better. I will check what these do. But they felt good on the way home.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:45 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Michelin SS is the way to go.they do wear faster than the P0 but the ride quality is much better.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:14 AM
Was 17 degrees today and I would not trust the Michelin SS on a day like that. I went with the A/S3 just so I could keep driving the car all year long.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:28 AM
100% agree Dr. D and have driven the Mich PSS on 30F (ambient and tarmac) day and they were lackluster. They 'worked' yet I would call the grip a bit 'precautious'. Know your car control folks!!!

PSS are ok for temps above 40F imho. At 60F they are nice and at 75F (ambient, with tarmac usually being 80F+) and above they are 'grip of the Gods'.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:31 AM
My biggest fear of traction in cold weather was stopping power grip. I'd hate to hit the brake, push it to the floor and nothing happen due to the ABS controls.

Oh BTW if I recall correctly they have about a t 30K mile tread wear rating????? They will never make that. What should I do if they don't?

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 01-18-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:11 PM
I am loving my AS3 in the light snow and cold weather. They grip like no ones business and the ride is top notch. Just got back from the dealer and the tech told me about what tire pressure to use. Comfort 35 front 30 rear, sport 41 front 35 rear, top speeb 49 front 41 rear. I am in the sport tire pressure setting.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best tire brands