Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

VW Dieselgate Scandal May Cost Bentley New Hypercar Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 09:15 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
VW Dieselgate Scandal May Cost Bentley New Hypercar Project

This would be sad news if it happens:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/be...al-100249.html

Old 09-26-2015, 07:49 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Probably a good thing, this way they can expand Bugatti where it belongs. Am already tired of my friends laughing at the Bentley SUV. Bentley should be thinking about ways to improve reliability while lowering vehicle weight by 800 lbs.

BTW, Aston Martin is making fun of Bentley on Facebook, as SUVs are not in the company's DNA. Things are really getting bad for the VW Group, as now Switzerland is banning new car sales of their 'clean diesel' vehicles and looks like the Class Action lawsuit on the widely known defective 2L engine looks to be a go. I really think we should hire the same legal team concerning the common false air hose problem. Maybe the VW Group could address all these issues and come clean (no pun intended) to their customers. It would allow them a fresh start at building confidence in the company.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:39 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
I agree with you 100% about an SUV, Bentley should not have done it, especially considering it had to be based on a platform that already supports several butt-ugly cars: Cayenne, Tuareg and Q7.

If you MUST do an SUV, THIS is how you do it: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-v8pNView1_...-Concept-3.JPG

Anyway, you don't think Bentley should do a Hypercar? I don't think they should do something for over $1M like a Veyron or even for something for $.5M like Aventador SV, but I was hoping they would do something more like "SuperSports on steroids" based on EXP 10 Speed 6, priced around $300K-$350K. It would fit well with their racing/performance heritage and then technology from it would trickle down to "pedestrian" models like CGT.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:52 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ek1
...but I was hoping they would do something more like "SuperSports on steroids" based on EXP 10 Speed 6, priced around $300K-$350K. It would fit well with their racing/performance heritage and then technology from it would trickle down to "pedestrian" models like CGT.
100% agree there. Once they start going over half a mill the competition starts getting serious.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:31 PM
cutty71 is on a distinguished road
I agree....it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:48 PM
VW Group's CEO of Porsche resigning, they say due to... yet wonder if it is the known engine defects that Porsche refuses to help owners with. Now we just need Bentley's CEO to resign over widely known defects Bentley refuses to help with.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/por...dist=bigcharts

Old 10-22-2015, 02:52 AM
SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
VW Group's CEO of Porsche resigning, they say due to... yet wonder if it is the known engine defects that Porsche refuses to help owners with. Now we just need Bentley's CEO to resign over widely known defects Bentley refuses to help with.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/por...dist=bigcharts
Steven,

What are the know widely defects on Bentley that they are refusing to help with? I think most of these high end manufacture refuse to help period including Ferrari, Lamborghini and Mclaren. They figure most of these owners would just trade in for the newer models.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.