Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

My GT re-build in pictures !!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
After the broken clock re-build at 3 in the morning.....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151005_200455.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	4.62 MB
ID:	434356  
Old 12-04-2015, 07:21 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
Amazing! Great job Johnny! What a ton of work.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello All,

Thank you for the comments !!

Question, can one of you photo shop black carpets into this picture, as the passenger side was ruined by something being stuck to the carpet, and someone before me tore it off and resulting in a large hole, so I found a set of black carpets, and I am a little hesitant to install as I am thinking it might take away from the two tone all red interior, but it is my next step, so....

Name:	content___media_external_images_media_5583.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	434394  
Old 12-04-2015, 12:52 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Here ya go

As you know, Bentley 'black' is really a dark grey. Hope this helps.

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	434401  
Old 12-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Administrator
Thank you Steven !!

Old 12-08-2015, 04:53 AM
JohnT is on a distinguished road
Looking good, really good photos! Great build and red interior on a Bentley perfect.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:10 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
wowoww Johnny. That's impressive.

It took me 40 mins and many forum read to remove my gear ****. I can't imagine how hard it would be to tear apart the entire car and rebuild it.

Props!

Old 12-14-2015, 11:53 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I could not conceive of a job like that. Looked like spaghetti and scrap to me. I'd have left that sucker in the ocean.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:57 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
I am sorry I would have just looked at this and set fire to both the cars.

This is what I did with my 57 Cadillac and it took days.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:13 AM
Acmw will become famous soon enough
wow amazing progress!!!! Nice work!

just wondering i assume the car would have a salvage title due to the flood right? Why not just take the almost 40k you invested and save the time and buy a clean title one for low 40s?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:50 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Acmw
wow amazing progress!!!! Nice work!

just wondering i assume the car would have a salvage title due to the flood right? Why not just take the almost 40k you invested and save the time and buy a clean title one for low 40s?

Hello Acmw,

Thanks for your comment !!

As far as your question, I don't know where you got 40K ??? I do not have 40K into it, nor will I, I actually have less then the 23K I paid for it into it now, the parts vehicle gave me all the parts needed for free, and in parting out the unneeded hard parts and body shell, that has given a return that covered more then it's cost, and I still have two doors, rear bumper, trunk lid, side mirrors, door handles, inner door, rear seats, headliner, all door glass, I/4 glass, ETC. and I am selling at below fair prices.

As far as my time, that's my fun time, only work on her nights and weekends, and the occasional I feel like staying home days......

Don't ask me how many hooky days are into her....

Johnny J J

Old 12-21-2015, 08:13 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Impressive work to say the least, and outdoors, no lift and of course sans some specialty tools. Wow. Great job as these cars are not the easiest to work on

Not sure if you mentioned it but what year is she?

Old 12-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by dinorocz
Impressive work to say the least, and outdoors, no lift and of course sans some specialty tools. Wow. Great job as these cars are not the easiest to work on

Not sure if you mentioned it but what year is she?

Thank you dinorocz !

She is an 05 with 10,380 miles, and being fitted with everything 07 and 17,051 miles.
EDIT: Now fitted with a 2011 Supersports engine, ECU'S, and Supersports quick shift transmission, all with 11,000 +/- miles.
Update: 12/27/2020

Johnny J J

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 12-18-2022 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:55 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Thank you dinorocz !

She is an 05 with 8840 miles, and being fitted with everything 07 and 17,051 miles.

Johnny J J
Very cool, how long before you approximate fluids and startup?

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 11-16-2020 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:53 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
I actually have less then the 23K I paid for it into it now, the parts vehicle gave me all the parts needed for free, and in parting out the unneeded hard parts and body shell...
HUGE respect!

Many guys love 'turning wrenches' and soon you'll have a free Bentley, or have some profit(!) once this is all done. Massively admire your efforts and skills.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: My GT re-build in pictures !!