Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Car thefts on the rise: FYI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 01:05 PM
4KB
4KB is on a distinguished road
Car thefts on the rise: FYI

My brother just had his car stolen. CCTV from several neighbors showed that the crooks came in, copied vin number and left. An hour later they dropped off a single guy who used some kind of fob to open doors and drive off. All under 30 seconds. Let's be careful out there. Seems Porsche 993s are also disappearing in the LA area after servicing at a specific dealership. Not trying to alarm anyone on here. Thanks

Last edited by 4KB; 02-23-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:27 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe someone wanted the best price on 'selling' their car? Insurance pays and there's always kickback from the 'thieves'. Am sure that is not the case here, yet scams and theft come in many forms.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:10 PM
4KB
4KB is on a distinguished road
I hear you Steven. There are all manner of scams people get into, so see your point. Certainly not the case here with my brother's car. He bought it just a year ago and was quite attached but also knows it's just a car which is replaceable. I also frequent Rennlist 993 forums as I've had mine for 15 years and there is currently an active thread which indicates a pattern of theft soon after dealership service. See this thread if interested. http://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum...s-angeles.html

Old 02-24-2016, 06:46 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Oh yes, theft is on the rise as my friend in SoCal got his nice Porsche stolen about two months ago (Martinez, not sure you know him).