Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley gas strut core trade in credit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 04:24 PM
bcollida is on a distinguished road
Bentley gas strut core trade in credit

Please help. I feel like I am not getting the true story from my Bentley authorized dealer.
Recently I paid $7,000 for a pair of new front struts on my 06 Bentley Flying Spur.

For that price I asked to have the old parts returned to me.
First answer from dealer was no problem
then
Second answer was the Bentley rep needs to destroy the old struts because Bentley doesn't want them to be refurbished and show back up on the market, but I can have the parts after he does what ever it is he needs to do
now
third story is the Bentley dealer is waiting on "credit" back from Bentley and then I can have my parts back.

So.
1) If there is a core trade in credit, I would think I should get that. Its bad enough to pay $7,000 for a pair of struts Bentley or not.

2) My invoice from the dealer says nothing about core trade in. Just the price for the new struts plus installation

3) My guess is the story is going to change once more and they will come up for some reason why I cant have the old parts back... I guessing because the old struts are going to be refurbished and someone is pocketing the change.

This sounds like fraud to me.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how this is supposed to work.
Just trying to get my facts straight before I unlease "Give em Hell Michele",

my wife and lawyer

Old 03-09-2016, 07:02 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
As I recall, USA law states you have the right to get your parts back as you own them. Perhaps have your lawyer contact the USA distributor with a certified letter stating this fact.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Swflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura about
Check your quote not the invoice. I work for Bentley of naples. When we quote struts we immediately deduct the core charge so the customer doesn't see it in the parts total. This is for two reasons 1) 99% of customers do not want there old parts 2) I think our core is more then the struts so it would double the price and send most people running for the door. They are telling the truth. We save all of our old cores. Then during the AMM's visit we drill holes in the cases and smash them with hammers. Then He signs off and releases the dealer from the core charge.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:59 AM
Chipster is on a distinguished road
Aren't there aftermarket strut replacements for a fraction of that???

Old 03-28-2016, 02:41 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Yes by Arnott, plus eBay has rebuilds too with lifetime warranty at reasonable price.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:38 PM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
arnott is good and they dont hassle you if you ever blow one up in the future, they send you new strut right away.

the dealer is crazy with these prices