Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Engine out, 40 hours of labour?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 11:45 AM
2010supersports is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Am not home to give exact part#, yet the vacuum leak above the tranny on the 07 GTC was a single hose that was $300 (probably a $75 hose they overcharge you for at 'Bentley pricing' of course).
we replaced all the lines just to be safe.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:51 AM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PMS
Are you certain that you are referencing the vacuum leak above the transmission? When I removed the driver's side pre-cat, I had a very careful look into the issue and could not see any way to access the junction without removing the engine. I even explored coming in from the top under the shifter assembly (i.e. cutting through the floor). Ultimately, we all concluded this would be even more work than removing the engine/transmission. If your guy has a way to do this without the engine coming out, all of us would VERY much like to know the procedure.

hi peter, so basically to get to that t fitting it would be impossible?

you can see the peice here

Old 04-23-2016, 07:00 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by REDNOSEGT
hi peter, so basically to get to that t fitting it would be impossible?

Bentley GT vacuum leak & smoke test - YouTube

you can see the peice here

Bentley GT vacuum leak repair with new metal lines - YouTube
After a lot of investigation, I believe the engine/transmission has to come out in order to get at the junction on top of the transmission. We have discussed lowering the assembly at the back, but logic says that, in order to prevent damage to the connections (hoses, wiring assemblies, etc.), everything would have to be disconnected and, if you go this far, you might as well drop the engine/transmission. If someone has another way of replacing this vacuum line, I'm sure we would all like to know.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:59 AM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PMS
After a lot of investigation, I believe the engine/transmission has to come out in order to get at the junction on top of the transmission. We have discussed lowering the assembly at the back, but logic says that, in order to prevent damage to the connections (hoses, wiring assemblies, etc.), everything would have to be disconnected and, if you go this far, you might as well drop the engine/transmission. If someone has another way of replacing this vacuum line, I'm sure we would all like to know.
to me it sounds unreal that you have to drop an engine/tranny to replace a hose.

this car should have had no backseats and the motor in the trunk maybe

it is so crammed under the hood makes me wonder what the designers were thinking.

Old 04-08-2017, 04:24 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
2010 SuperSport...what has your experience been since you replaced the vacuum lines...do you have any idea what caused the problem...was there an overheating issue that melted the lines...thanks JimB