Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

thinking of traiding my 2007 Bentley for a 2010 Rolls Royce ghost.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 04:25 PM
rdsrllc is on a distinguished road
thinking of traiding my 2007 Bentley for a 2010 Rolls Royce ghost.

Hi, I'm thinking of trading my 2007 Bentley for a 2010 Rolls Royce ghost. any thoughts on it? Not sure whether to do it

Old 03-27-2016, 07:13 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! Debated trading the B for a Roller myself. It is a preference and what you feel is best for you. The RR has far more presence and wonderful luxury features. If you love the look and drive of the Rolls then by all means go for it. Wonderful top-end luxury.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:08 AM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
I have been thinking about a wraith or 2 door phantom. Waiting for the sign and drive - zero down an no interest for three year option to spill over from Volkswagen. lol

Old 03-28-2016, 09:39 PM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
the wraith looks amazing!

Old 03-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I love the electronics on the RR compared to the Bentley's but the RR carries all BMW electronics. Other then the finishers on the *****, the symbol and buttons are exactly the same. Unless you get the starlight headliner, the headliner is cloth and for a 340,000 MSRP vehicle they could of at least done leather like the Bentley's.

I would have to agree that the road presence of the RR is incredible. It actually drives well too which left me impressed. Either way you can't go wrong.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:52 AM
MerryMicrobe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rdsrllc
Hi, I'm thinking of trading my 2007 Bentley for a 2010 Rolls Royce ghost. any thoughts on it? Not sure whether to do it
IMHO - Don't expect the Rolls to be mechanically as good as the Bentley. I have had a suspension problem with my 2011 Ghost for over a year. The front struts have been replaced twice and was in the shop last year for over 100 days. Luckily it was under warrantee when first detected and Rolls, to their credit, has stuck with fixing it under warranty it so far. I don't want to think about how much it would have cost me otherwise.

In contrast, my two late model Bentleys, a GT (traded in) and GTC, have been much better mechanically. Both the Rolls and the two Bentleys have been serviced by the same dealer. Bentley has more parts and more technical people available in the US. Therefore you are more susceptible to wanting for parts and/or technical resolutions with the Rolls.

That said, its is privilege to own one as it drives well and provides a special experience. Just make sure that you can or want to afford it if you have a similar experience to the one I have had to endure.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Have you considered a Mulsanne? It is a step between a Ghost and a Phantom.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:26 AM
MerryMicrobe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gene G
Have you considered a Mulsanne? It is a step between a Ghost and a Phantom.
The Mulsanne drives wonderfully. However there are two drawbacks - the trunk is amazingly small for that size car (important when you travel) and nobody, and I mean nobody, will have the foggiest idea of what you are driving. The last drawback is important if you are a shallow showoff like myself.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MerryMicrobe
The Mulsanne drives wonderfully. However there are two drawbacks - the trunk is amazingly small for that size car (important when you travel) and nobody, and I mean nobody, will have the foggiest idea of what you are driving. The last drawback is important if you are a shallow showoff like myself.

Two nice post by the Microbe and funny to boot.

I like all the cars discussed but my fear would be giving up the sporty performance of the Conti. I like the RR line but fear they might appear to opulent. I would have to answer the question of how large a car I would really need. If I did not need a four door I might go for the Wraith if I was intent on going to RR.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:37 PM
CarshowRell is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep the Bentley. Im considering doing the same but loving the headlights on the 2015 Ghost.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:00 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
go for it! the newer ones are beautiful and drive like a cloud on wheels.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:24 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Go for the Rolls! There is nothing on the street I aspire to own than Rolls Royce other than million dollar hypercars.

Bentley looks very puny when parked next to a Rolls

Old 08-19-2017, 06:10 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
This thread is from 03-16, and the OP never responded once.......

Old 06-02-2018, 08:59 AM

Hi All. Sorry I haven't posted any updates.

Back in Feb 2017 I traded my 2007 Bentley for a 2010 Rolls Royce ghost. Only issue I've had so far with the Rolls is both the Front struts (suspension issues) already messed up (warranty expired and there's no extension) other then that no complaints.

Last edited by rdsrllc; 06-02-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by MerryMicrobe
IMHO - Don't expect the Rolls to be mechanically as good as the Bentley. I have had a suspension problem with my 2011 Ghost for over a year. The front struts have been replaced twice and was in the shop last year for over 100 days. Luckily it was under warrantee when first detected and Rolls, to their credit, has stuck with fixing it under warranty it so far. I don't want to think about how much it would have cost me otherwise.

In contrast, my two late model Bentleys, a GT (traded in) and GTC, have been much better mechanically. Both the Rolls and the two Bentleys have been serviced by the same dealer. Bentley has more parts and more technical people available in the US. Therefore you are more susceptible to wanting for parts and/or technical resolutions with the Rolls.

That said, its is privilege to own one as it drives well and provides a special experience. Just make sure that you can or want to afford it if you have a similar experience to the one I have had to endure.

I'm having the same suspension issues with my 2010 Rolls Royce ghost. Unfortunately it's coming out my pocket (warranty expired). Do you still own your?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thinking of traiding my 2007 Bentley for a 2010 Rolls Royce ghost.