Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Picking up new (to me) 2007 GTC tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 11:38 AM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
Picking up new (to me) 2007 GTC tomorrow!

This will be my first Bentley (other than a Turbo RL I had for a month as a play toy) and I couldn't be more thrilled! I have always wanted one of these cars since I had one as a demo from a dealer I worked at back in college. Finally the prices have come down to the point where I feel comfortable buying one without a significant chance of massive depreciation.

The car was just inspected at Bentley Ft. Lauderdale (where I got a reminder of Bentley pricing... $650 for a PPI )

The car is a 2007 that has had three owners (the last has had it for ten months and put 10,000 miles on it, the second had it for 5 years, and the first had it for 4). The car was maintained at Bentley Miami and Bentley Nashville.

The car is Silver Tempest with a Black top and a Magnolia interior with the lighter wood, a black dash, black steering wheel, etc. It is not the boldest color combination but where I live is very modest and this car will make a statement like a voodoo blue Porsche 918 would make anywhere else. Less is more here.

The PPI revealed a few issues and I negoitated a bit further: Brakes are at 5.5mm, outer tie rod boots have a small tear, it needs the outside top straps, and hasn't been driven so may need a battery. However, Bentley said it's the nicest 52,000 mile car they have ever seen and has new tires.

I can have my mechanic do most of that (may need to take it somewhere to get the rear brakes done).

Before I spend hours scouring the internet to find the best prices on Rotors and Pads, does anyone here have a quick and easy solution that doesn't involve telling me to "use the search button"?

So far I have found OEM Front Rotors, Pads, Sensors, and bolts for $1,400 and Rears for $485.

Can I do any better than that?

Old 05-12-2016, 04:51 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
What is outside top straps? Sounds like it is part of the convertible top 'folding' system.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:04 PM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....Hello from San Francisco...how has your GTC been treating you...I do hope you picked the right straw and got the good one...JimB

Old 02-22-2017, 02:43 PM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jim2331
....Hello from San Francisco...how has your GTC been treating you...I do hope you picked the right straw and got the good one...JimB

10,000 miles later and it is better than ever (EVOMS tune)

Other than one MAF Sensor ($150) and consumables (tires and an oil change) the car has cost me zero to own.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:30 AM
flsupraguy will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by onefastman1
10,000 miles later and it is better than ever (EVOMS tune)

Other than one MAF Sensor ($150) and consumables (tires and an oil change) the car has cost me zero to own.
How much faster is the EVOMS tune? Was it easy to install?