Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

W12 Oil pressure sensor

Old 06-29-2016, 01:50 PM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
W12 Oil pressure sensor

Hi,
I am needing to replace the oil pressure sensor on an 05 CGT. Can anyone point me to where it is located on the engine? I checked FlyingSpares and didn't find a part. I did find the sensor for Audi and VW W12's though, do you know if that will work? I would guess sensors are interchangeable.
As per forum etiquette I did use the search function first but didn't find the answer.
Thanks.
Paul

Old 06-29-2016, 07:04 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
I believe it is #22 in the attached picture, also see picture with pressure test hose attached for factory testing.

Please ignore the "crack" and pink area, this was what I used the enlighten a seller that the pink area that was badly damaged on his unit was indeed part of the block girdle and not a pan area as he insisted.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160127_133658.jpg
Views:	1149
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	452364   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160127_121359.jpg
Views:	1483
Size:	4.48 MB
ID:	452365   Click image for larger version

Name:	870.jpg
Views:	1279
Size:	4.23 MB
ID:	452366  

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 06-29-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:40 PM
Much appreciated Johnny, you are a great help as always!
Think I can do this by removing the belly pan and reaching up or will I need to remove the bumper?
Paul

Old 06-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello Paul,

I would go with the belly pan approach.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:05 AM
steve.2.lowe is an unknown quantity at this point
My 04 Conti has just started throwing oil pressure errors which I think are the result of a failed switch. Did you manage to change yours without removing the front bumper?

Old 04-14-2018, 06:39 PM
Hi Steve, I ended up selling the car before it was fixed I didn't see how I could change it without parts removed from the front, or oil cooler lines removed from the bottom. Just not enough room to get your hand and tool up in there to remove the sensor.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:47 AM
OK, thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Dundeal TV is an unknown quantity at this point
Oil pressure sensor wire harness

so i just bought an 05 bentley continental gtc I kept getting a low oil pressure stop car reading in the dash. I found the oil pressure sensor and see that there is no plug attatched to sensor. Can anyone help me with pictures of what this plug looks like and or possible sell me the wiring harness attachment to the oil pressure sensor?

Old 08-04-2018, 03:40 AM

Old 11-25-2021, 04:47 AM
the rookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi there,

4 months into ownership of my 2004 Conti gt I’ve been steadily working my way through the to-do list mainly thanks to the info on this forum.

Yesterday it through an alarming curve ball and the engine oil pressure warning came on. Oil level is fine, no nasty noises or debris in the last oil change.
I’m going to plug vcds in later and see what the pressure reading looks like.
Most likely plan of attack is to change the pressure sensor. The manual says it bumper off, move rad etc kind of job. Has anyone managed it fit without dismantling half the front end?

I’ve recently had the instrument cluster backlight repaired so I’m also wondering if that could be related if the pressure circuit is anywhere near?

Any advice appreciated!

Tim

Old 11-25-2021, 04:49 AM
I had the same but it was a broken wire from the sensor. Access was available from under the car.

Old 11-25-2021, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the reply, forgot to say the warning went on the restart but came on again ~5mins later so it appears intermittent.

Tim

Old 12-14-2021, 09:58 AM
Finally got round to looking at my car today & decided to replace the oil pressure sensor as a first step. Thankfully, as suggested, it was accessible from underneath. I removed the under tray, disconnected the two hose mounts (spline bits needed) which gave just enough room to insert tools up the front of the engine. I used a 24mm deep socket to loosen the sensor, there was no need to drain the engine oil. Getting the new sensor in was a bit of a pain, a little mirror & maximum finger extension eventually did the trick. Time will tell if it resolves the fault...
Tim

Old 06-01-2023, 07:15 AM
Daddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the rough
I'm next.

Now it's our turn
Our 2010 GTC has just returned from the dealer where it had a new bumper installed.
Now it's the oil pressure fault warning ....it gave the chivvers in my Butt ....

anyone that has the partnumber of the oil pressure sensor please ?

thanks,
christian

Originally Posted by the rookie
Finally got round to looking at my car today & decided to replace the oil pressure sensor as a first step. Thankfully, as suggested, it was accessible from underneath. I removed the under tray, disconnected the two hose mounts (spline bits needed) which gave just enough room to insert tools up the front of the engine. I used a 24mm deep socket to loosen the sensor, there was no need to drain the engine oil. Getting the new sensor in was a bit of a pain, a little mirror & maximum finger extension eventually did the trick. Time will tell if it resolves the fault...
Tim

Old 06-01-2023, 12:04 PM
Administrator
@Daddy C. ,

06A919081J

Johnny

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W12 Oil pressure sensor