Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Possible to fit Supersports front bumper but Rear bumper problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 05:18 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Possible to fit Supersports front bumper but Rear bumper problem

After much agony, I finally got the OEM Supersports bumper fitted. The only mod requires is to cut off some bumper beam from both sides.

Name:  yIpbQ0s.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  134.9 KB

Attachment 1

The only remaining challenge is to fit the OEM rear bumper. It sticks out by an inch:

Name:  hojst27.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  68.2 KB

An UK bodyshop claim it can be done by cutting the bumper in half (red line) and trim off some materials and then heat shape it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0bvHH8p.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	538063

Click image for larger version

Name:	2hMJ2T2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	508.8 KB
ID:	538064

I talked to two body shop locally and no one seems to know how to do it. I don't understand how can cut off at the red line and trim off material will work. The orange part lines up properly so if there is an incision at red line, other part will not line up...

Any inputs?

Old 04-04-2017, 05:35 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Lilo.

I can't agree with the cutting comment. Like you say, it would throw out the other lines as well as becoming a bodge job.
Is it a genuine part or aftermarket?

Les.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:55 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ExSF
Hi Lilo.

I can't agree with the cutting comment. Like you say, it would throw out the other lines as well as becoming a bodge job.
Is it a genuine part or aftermarket?

Les.
Hi Les,

This is a genuine OEM part. The SS model has a wider wheel arch.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:10 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
You might get some ideas from this thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...irect-fit.html
It seems that you should be able to match-up the lines at the fender without cutting elsewhere...

Old 04-05-2017, 01:35 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Thanks Lilo, I didn't know that.
I am sure I've seen an ad' in the UK for a direct fit rear bumper. Bit late now I suppose as you've already bought one.
Good luck with it.

Les.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:37 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
...is that a picture of your car above used to illustrate the project...what's wrong with it...looks great...are you guilding the lilly...JimB

Old 04-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Thanks Don and Les. I'm taking the car to another shop to see if they can do anything. If not, I'm going back to my original bumper.

@Jim,

The black Bentley is not my car. Mine is the one with mismatch white bumper.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.