Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Continental GT Humming Noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 04:17 PM
therron4ou is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ExSF
Like I said, it's an Audi/VW pump. The last letter denotes the year, so A is earliest, etc.
It's not too difficult to swap.

There are lots on eBay UK at the moment if you want a used one. Here's a link; http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...27317&_sacat=0
so all the audi pumps are the same, a8, a6, a4 etc???

Old 05-03-2017, 04:48 PM
I just ordered a new out of the US.... $280 with shipping... beats $500 from the dealer and waiting on part to come in from Germany

Old 05-03-2017, 11:41 PM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi.

Yes, no worries, they are the same and all have the Audi/VW logo on them and the same part number.
My Audi A8 one has worked just fine since I changed it.

Very Important. Remember to activate the jacking setting before you start. Here is the procedure and for any new members, I have a copy of this in the boot/trunk on top of the spare wheel to alert any wayward mechanics.

Les.

Last edited by ExSF; 05-03-2017 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:52 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by therron4ou
Turns out it's just a loud vacuum pump... so the pump is probably about to go. My Indy dealer quoted me a $500 pump plus 2 hours labor
Thr job involves removing the front wheel and wheel liner. 2hr is about right doing the removing and reinstalling.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Awesome. I'll have the part here Monday. Crazy how cheap it is to work on Bentleys for what they are when u find an Indy instead of taking to stealership

Old 05-06-2017, 10:30 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Awesome. I'll have the part here Monday. Crazy how cheap it is to work on Bentleys for what they are when u find an Indy instead of taking to stealership
Cheap vs expensive will greatly dependent on what you needed to be done on your Bentley

Old 05-07-2017, 02:00 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all

Very true. The main dealer wanted to remove my engine to replace a cam sensor. My Indie changed it in around 20 minutes with the engine in situ and saved me thousands. Luckily I didn't have the time to leave it with the main dealer and in the meantime I found out about the Indie.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by ExSF
Very true. The main dealer wanted to remove my engine to replace a cam sensor. My Indie changed it in around 20 minutes with the engine in situ and saved me thousands. Luckily I didn't have the time to leave it with the main dealer and in the meantime I found out about the Indie.
i swear... as far as super luxury cars are concerned, I'll not do anything but Bentley from here on out with the way it crosses over VW/ Audi and the ease of working on them... I was thinking of grabbing a Rolls or Ferrari to go with this soon... but the more I think about it, the more I'm out on it.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:31 AM
Alan Somphone is an unknown quantity at this point
Electric Hissing Noise When Brake Applied

Others have described an electric hissing noise from the driver’s fender area when the brake is depresssed. I have 2006 Bentley Continental GT and get this fairly loud electric hiss that lasts only 15-20 seconds. It happens every single time I depress the brake. My mechanic said it was from the electric vacuum pump which is locate right where the sound originates so I had it replaced. The result? Absolutely no difference! What else could be causing this? The car drives perfectly otherwise.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:30 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Alan Somphone
Others have described an electric hissing noise from the driver’s fender area when the brake is depresssed. I have 2006 Bentley Continental GT and get this fairly loud electric hiss that lasts only 15-20 seconds. It happens every single time I depress the brake. My mechanic said it was from the electric vacuum pump which is locate right where the sound originates so I had it replaced. The result? Absolutely no difference! What else could be causing this? The car drives perfectly otherwise.

Vacuum line leaks? Early 2006 had vacuum lines above the transmission and behind steering rack. The later 2006 only behind the steering rack. A smoke test is the best way to determine if vacuum lines are leaking.

This topic is extensively covered. Look at past postings for more details.

Regards

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.