Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Air Strut Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Non active VS. active

Hello Steve,
Are you saying that you installed Arnott's "NEW" non active strut on one side and kept the original Bentley OEM active strut on the other, if so, why in the world would you do that.....
Here is Arnott's statement on their "NEW" Bentley front strut, "Arnott's new struts include a brand new shock which does NOT support the active damping".......

Originally Posted by Knappy
I replaced my right air strut with the new Arnott strut. I works very well. Took about an hour. I have been driving around with a stock Bentley strut on the left side and the Arnott strut on the right with no problems. So far so good.

Steve

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 06-14-2017 at 05:08 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:15 PM
Knappy is an unknown quantity at this point
The reason I did it was because it was a quick fix. I wanted to see if there was any more problems with the air suspension. I had already ordered the Arnott shock when you and Arnott stated that the air strut did not support the active damping. I have only had this car for about 1 month, it had a bunch of problems which I have been able to repair thanks to this forum. I am planning to have both original front air shocks rebuilt in the future. The car rides great with the Arnott unit and I do not know how much difference there will be with the original shocks that support the active damping. I will let you know when I change them out.

Steve

Old 06-16-2017, 12:27 PM
amgdude is on a distinguished road
for those concerned about lifespan of the rebuilt or reman, why not purchase the Arnott from FCP? I think they have full lifetime on the Arnotts

Old 06-16-2020, 05:35 PM
Jurgeenh Borbon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Knappy
I replaced my right air strut with the new Arnott strut. I works very well. Took about an hour. I have been driving around with a stock Bentley strut on the left side and the Arnott strut on the right with no problems. So far so good.

Steve
How has been yous suspension since then? does Arnott has worked well?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.