Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

What do you guys run for a winter setup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 07:39 AM
GTSpeedRI is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you guys run for a winter setup?

For those of you that actually drive the B in the winter, what set up do you run? I have the stock 20's on my 08 GT Speed now, but I was thinking of moving to 19s for the winter w Blizzaks. Anyone for with a narrower wheel? Thoughts on tire sizes?

And before the flaming begins, I do have an Expedition I use when it's really bad out, however I do love to drive this car and if theres no snow or maybe just a dusting I still expect to drive it through the winter.

Thanks!

Old 09-22-2017, 02:47 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I ran Bentley single piece rims 19 inch with Blizzak tires for years. Imho the Bentley is more fun in the snow than on dry warm tarmac.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:17 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GTSpeedRI
For those of you that actually drive the B in the winter, what set up do you run? I have the stock 20's on my 08 GT Speed now, but I was thinking of moving to 19s for the winter w Blizzaks. Anyone for with a narrower wheel? Thoughts on tire sizes?

And before the flaming begins, I do have an Expedition I use when it's really bad out, however I do love to drive this car and if theres no snow or maybe just a dusting I still expect to drive it through the winter.

Thanks!
If you do elect to go with the 19" rims, hopefully it goes without saying that you need to match the rolling diameter of the blizzaks with your 20" setup. If you don't, you will throw the speedometer out by a percentage.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:12 AM
aleventhal is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GTSpeedRI

Thanks!
My wife and I both run our Bentleys as 4 season daily drivers - no matter how bad the weather gets. They are our "beaters", to spare the vintage cars the weather, etc. Both get shod with 19x7.5 Bentley OEM winter wheels for the season, with Nokian Hakkepelita tires in 245/45-19. They are unstoppable with this setup.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:36 AM
2tall4economy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aleventhal
My wife and I both run our Bentleys as 4 season daily drivers - no matter how bad the weather gets. They are our "beaters", to spare the vintage cars the weather, etc. Both get shod with 19x7.5 Bentley OEM winter wheels for the season, with Nokian Hakkepelita tires in 245/45-19. They are unstoppable with this setup.
My bentley came with 21" OEM wheels when I bought it but was originally shipped with 20" wheels. I'm looking for a winter wheel/tire package now and Tirerack only shows me 20" options -- can I still use 19" OEM wheels? I'm concerned that there is something that was changed to put on the 21" wheels that means 19" is no longer possible... but that could be entirely in my head

Old 07-24-2019, 02:11 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute

19/40 / 275 Dunlop winter sports see the hand book

Tyres rated to 170 mph

We use ours for 4 months in the Swiss Alps .
I do regular power wash the split rims to rinse salt off .
being straight 50/50 4WD they are phenomenal in snow / ice .
We put the skis in via the ski flap and it’s always garaged + trickle charged every PM

Old 07-25-2019, 01:07 PM
MBi
MBi is an unknown quantity at this point
21 Sottozeros no problem in NY winters. For cost I would go 20 or 19 it's several hundred cheaper per tire during peak season if you were to need to replace them. Look at the top speed. Blizzaks have a lower top speed vs Sottozeros.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:15 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
After spending most of my life in Northern Illinois and living in Florida for the last twenty eight years, I really feel for you guys.
There is no way that I would drive any of the cars in my collection in the Northern winter. That is what a Tahoe or a G class is for.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:29 PM
MBi
MBi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Gene G
After spending most of my life in Northern Illinois and living in Florida for the last twenty eight years, I really feel for you guys.
There is no way that I would drive any of the cars in my collection in the Northern winter. That is what a Tahoe or a G class is for.
The GT is the only car with AWD the rest are sports cars that are RWD. I wouldn't touch a Bentayga personally seems too much like a Q7 with a better interior but a cheap VW infotainment system.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:59 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gene G
Oh the memories🤤. Good Old Chicago in the winter.😉

Old 07-26-2019, 07:25 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Didn't a single snowstorm take out the mayor? Wasn't it Byrne? I haven't lived in Chicago since the Daily era...Daily Sr, that is........Actually, I think it is Daley...guessing here.

I would no longer recognize a snow tire and I am fine with that.....

Last edited by BWings; 07-26-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:37 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
1979 snow storm mayor Balandic. Famous last words "tomorrow we will have the situation under control". Didn't happen didn't didn't get up reelected. Then we got good old Jane B.

Always cringed in the winter driving any of my cars.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:25 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
#1 reason I’m moving to Vegas in a yr. No more damn NW Indiana winters!!!!

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 07-26-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:31 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
1eapplebaum, although I was only 6 at the time, I remember that winter. It was the one that had us stuck in the house because the snow had our screen door block to the middle of the glass. And we had about 5 steps you had to go up before you got to the porch landing.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:35 AM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
1eapplebaum, although I was only 6 at the time, I remember that winter. It was the one that had us stuck in the house because the snow had our screen door block to the middle of the glass. And we had about 5 steps you had to go up before you got to the porch landing.
Here in England we don't need snow tyres but saying maybe in Scotland but other than that its ok, we get a lot of ice which no matter what tyre one has it ant going to stop a car from going where ever it wants ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.