Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Driver seat 2006 Bentley Flying Spur not moving fully back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 01:43 PM
Bobby_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Driver seat 2006 Bentley Flying Spur not moving fully back

Hi there,
From one day to another the driver seat of my 2006 flying spur will not move back completely. I have tried the reset function, with the key in the ignition and moving the seat forward and then to the rear but no luck. The seat does still move back but only to a specific point, which is far from all the wat back.
Anyone have any suggestion to resolve this issue?
All help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

Old 11-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
You might try only setting the seat in the rear most position. Then set memory. Check to see if it remembered? If so then reset the full function.
Ron

Old 11-16-2017, 01:19 AM
thanks Ron I will try and keep you updated..

Old 11-16-2017, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately this did't solve the problem, any other suggestions?
Thanks, Bob

Old 11-16-2017, 04:02 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
I have tried the reset function, with the key in the ignition and moving the seat forward and then to the rear
Thanks,
Bob
Hello Bob,
I have never heard of the "reset function" you describe, as in "the key in the ignition", what I have done, along with some others on here, is the windows and seats relearning of their stops after the batteries have been disconnected, so please give us some information here, are you saying by "one day to another" that it in-fact works on some days going fully back, or not, if it works sometimes and not others, then you may have a failing seat motor for that movement segment of the seat, a failing drivers seat control module, or the relay that controls forward and reverse movement, it your call, but you could disconnect the batteries for say 1 hour, then reconnect and try moving the seat to its furthest rear position and hold the seat switch for a few seconds after it reaches said position, you would the do the same for the forward movement, but you must hold the switch so the module will learn, same with all the windows, start at the passenger side front, then pass rear, then drivers rear, and last drivers front, after a battery disconnect the windows will have a hard sounding stop when lowering because each module has lost its learned stop for raise and lower, so as I stated, start from the pass front and lower the window, then raise and hold 3 seconds, then lower and hold 3 seconds, then raise and hold 3 seconds, repeat this for all windows until the harsh sounding stop of lowering has gone away, this is the same principle for the seats.

But, please do clarify as to the actual operation of your seat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.