Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GTC airbag failure warning light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 10:49 AM
rangrov is an unknown quantity at this point
Bentley GTC airbag failure warning light

Hi guys out in my 2007 GTC today. The airbag waning light came on. It just leaves a yellow symbol in the rev counter, no other symptoms car runs fine. Has anyone any ideas or had this problem before. Thanks.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Any ideas guys.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rangrov
Any ideas guys.
Sorry, there is no quick easy answer, you will need a scan, do you have a Ross-Tech setup, or VAS ?

Old 11-06-2017, 01:08 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Scan, maybe just needs to be cleared.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Hi guys sorry I have no equipment. I've tried switching the ignition on and off every 5 seconds. I've checked under the seat but can not see any lose connections also moved the seat around and lubriated the seat belt inserts. All to no avail.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:29 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rangrov
Hi guys out in my 2007 GTC today. The airbag waning light came on. It just leaves a yellow symbol in the rev counter, no other symptoms car runs fine. Has anyone any ideas or had this problem before. Thanks.
you can clear the codes by disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries. Using the search function on this forum, you will find many instructions on the proper procedure. Make sure you read these before attempting.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:37 AM
Hi I don't fancy disconnecting the battery in case I raise other problems. Plus I suppose I can live with the light on the dash as long as it's not doing any damage. Advice needed. Thanks.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:50 PM
WelshBentleyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a problem easily sorted by a dealer with the proper equipment in about ten minutes. The possibility however is that there may be a problem with the system that would prevent it carrying its intended function in an emergency.
This cannot be worth taking a chance on. Go and get it checked out !!
Paul

Old 11-12-2017, 10:16 AM
quarryman is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, did you move either seat forward or backwards prior to the light coming on ?

Old 11-15-2017, 02:41 AM
Hi no the car was being manoeuvred slowly and the light just came on. I had not moved the seat in any way, also I have noticed the seat belt warning light if it has one does not come on or flash if you drive without the seat belt being fastened. I don't know if this is related. Thanks for your time guys.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:08 PM
WelshBentleyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Come on!!!
Get it plugged into a scanner and all will be revealed!
This is not rocket science
Paul

Old 11-16-2017, 05:24 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^^
What he said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.