Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New guy here - 2014 Continental GT V8 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 07:43 PM
x50mark is on a distinguished road
New guy here - 2014 Continental GT V8 S

good evening, folks! i'm new here as a bentley owner -- was on the forum years ago as a porsche owner. have had my new (to me) some small number of months, but *loving* it. granite over linen/beluga.

my first question, although i know already i'm probably not going to like the answer. i live in rural georgia (which makes the bentley an oddity already). for fun, i got a euro plate made with my actual georgia plate number and added a legal georgia registration sticker (in my signature below). *when* i get pulled over, how bad do you think it'll be? i have the legal georgia plate in the glove box. ...in all seriousness, i'm still thinking tonight that i'll just put the GA plate on the car so i don't attract that much attention. just super curious about your thoughts. i was born in england and *love* the euro plate look. i'm a dual citizen carrying both U.S. and U.K passports. not that it means anything to a peace officer, simply a little background on why i would even think of something so silly.

Attached Images   

Last edited by x50mark; 11-16-2017 at 07:58 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 11-17-2017, 05:45 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on the offense (besides plate violation) and officer. Odds are you'll be ok, just be polite and respectful.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:15 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
Legally speaking you could be cited for not displaying a valid plate. You might be OK if you prop the real one up in the rear window but that's tacky. Particularly in this age of automatic plate readers a LEO might not be very flexible.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:16 AM
JimBT is on a distinguished road
Bentley V8s

Congrats on your new car, you are going to really enjoy it!

As a fellow V8s owner (same colour!) here is a couple of pictures of my ride.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_692.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	516221   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0473.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	516222  
Old 11-18-2017, 06:43 AM
Nice color! :) I plan on enjoying this car for a good, long time.

I purchased mine after someone owned it for three (3) years and it only had 7,500 miles on it. I cannot imagine owning this car and not wanting to drive it. I do understand that mileage can cause huge depreciation, but age does as well. Loving it so far... Still need to learn more about it overall, though.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:44 AM
That's exactly what I'm afraid of... I just had the car ceramic coated -- I'll probably have the "legal" plate on her before she leaves the garage again. Thanks for the reply!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.