Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New member - Flying Spur

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:55 AM
ssonss1 has a spectacular aura aboutssonss1 has a spectacular aura aboutssonss1 has a spectacular aura about
New member - Flying Spur

Hi all, long time lurker, my first official thread

Picked up the Spur back in July, car has been flawless ever since.

Planning on some 22's either HRE or Forgiato this spring, car is lowered with adjustable links from adjustableairride.com, highly recommended, been running them on all my cars since 06! Also going to wrap the car in gloss white, will update the thread as things get done.

Here are some pics.

The car the Spur replaced

Attached Images      
Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 AM
neoprufrok is on a distinguished road
Congrats. Drove one previously and is an amazingly smooth ride normally, and then just becomes a freight train when you lay on the gas.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Welcome to the group. Nice artistic photos. BTW do you know how that car came to be named the "Flying Spur"? I do not so it is not a trick question.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
welcome to the board and great looking spur.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Merdav will become famous soon enough
The designation „Flying Spur“ could be rooted to the crest of the Johnstone clan of Scotland; the clan’s heraldic device showed a “Flying Spur”

Attached Images  

Last edited by Merdav; 02-12-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:59 PM
BigA3533 will become famous soon enoughBigA3533 will become famous soon enough
Congrats on your Spur, I just got mine about 3 weeks ago and love it. If I understood correctly, you are going to get the car wrapped in white? As in to change the color or just some custom graphics?

Below is a pic of my car, it's is white and already has 22" HRE monoblock aluminum rims. The rims came with the car and came in silver finish with Chrome lip I had reprinted to black with white lip. Also it already had a Masonry trunk spoiler which has grown on me, so I left it on.

Attached Images     
Old 02-16-2013, 02:50 AM
ssonss1 has a spectacular aura aboutssonss1 has a spectacular aura aboutssonss1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by neoprufrok
Congrats. Drove one previously and is an amazingly smooth ride normally, and then just becomes a freight train when you lay on the gas.
Agreed, it's a blast on the highway

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Welcome to the group. Nice artistic photos. BTW do you know how that car came to be named the "Flying Spur"? I do not so it is not a trick question.
Thank you, I actually have no idea, will look into it

Originally Posted by MishaDesigns
welcome to the board and great looking spur.
Thank you

Originally Posted by BigA3533
Congrats on your Spur, I just got mine about 3 weeks ago and love it. If I understood correctly, you are going to get the car wrapped in white? As in to change the color or just some custom graphics?

Below is a pic of my car, it's is white and already has 22" HRE monoblock aluminum rims. The rims came with the car and came in silver finish with Chrome lip I had reprinted to black with white lip. Also it already had a Masonry trunk spoiler which has grown on me, so I left it on.
Thanks, and yes it will be wrapped in a gloss white, will look just like paint. Do you have any pics of the car with the wheels before they were painted? btw car looks good! just needs a drop imo

Some pics from after a wash today

Attached Images     
Old 02-16-2013, 03:13 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
The name "Flying Spur" originated when the late, great W.O. Bentley was at his ranch and after a long session riding his horse was asked what to name the new 4 door continental. Tired from his ride, W.O. is reported to have said "I don't give a flying spur what you call it" (or words to that effect).

Old 02-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Here are some pics of my rims before I had them painted that you asked for. I also painted the front grille black to match lower grille. It is still silver in pics below:

Attached Images    
Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Some newer pics from after I painted rims and grille:

Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
That's a proper looking Spur! I have always preferred the chrome grill but on the white car and all black grills it pops. Big improvement on the wheel also. My GTC is black with chrome on all grills and I like that look but the reverse like your is just as nice.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:45 PM
That's a proper looking Spur! I have always preferred the chrome grill but on the white car and all black grills it pops. Big improvement on the wheel also. My GTC is black with chrome on all grills and I like that look but the reverse like your is just as nice.
Exactly. The car already had rims which I really didn't like, so taking some ideas from the white Supersports, I decided to have them painted. The only planned change I'm still debating is whether to smoke out tail lights like SS. Since its a sedan, I don't want to overdo it and cheapen the look, so I'm on the fence. Other than painted rims, grille, spoiler, tint, and changing license plate and side mirror puddle lights to white LEDs to match headlights, I'm pretty much finished exterior changes. Only thing other than smoke taillights, is the black trim around headlights like SS has and maybe GIAC ecu flash.

On inside, I am going to add a single 8" subwoofer in custom box firing through ski hole behind back armrest to give factory system the lower frequencies it doesn't produce,, basically what the NAIM system does.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Do you just buy new tail light lenses?

Oh yeh ECU flash.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Congrats! What year?
I wrapped my black 430 Spider to a satin pearl white...
I have a FS on Vossen CV1's

Attached Images   
Old 02-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Do you just buy new tail light lenses?

Oh yeh ECU flash.
The company I would use is the same one that did the taillights on my Maserati QP. It's a paint developed for lights that tints the light, but also is supposed to let light from brake lights show through. Aside from black tint, they can also color match the color of car so that the lights only she up when they are used.

The company I used also remakes factory lights by changing colors or lenses inside the lights or adding LED or Angel Eyes, etc. Here is a link to the company and a gallery of their custom work. They charged my about $200 to paint my QP tail with black tint paint. They do the work in one day and ship lights back to you the same speed you sent the lights to them.

http://www.lightwurkz.com/custom_work.php

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New member - Flying Spur