Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GTC Convertable Top issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 09:06 AM
Martin Perri is an unknown quantity at this point
Bentley GTC Convertable Top issues

I have another Gremlin with my Bentley 08 GTC. when the weather is perfect and I want to use the soft top it doesn't seem to want to work! The issue is intermittent if I open it cycles all the way thru the process up till when the rear boot lid is to open and here lies the mystery. the lid wont open. i hear the motor hum but wont open, then I cycle back to close often this will send a error or soft to mech error, recently it doesn't. had the Batteries checked - they are good. windows are all sync. correctly. i even made sure that the batteries were fully charged, no impact. so I took this to my Bentley repair mechanic and it wouldn't reproduce the issue. worked fine for four days, not one issue. I suspect it is a micro switch somewhere but will just use the top I guess when it wants to open on its own terms. also I just noticed that the canvas around the window is starting to separate from the glass and want to catch this early on and re-glue the canvas back to the lower corner on the outside. anyone have recommendations on what adhesive to use here?

has anyone had any similar operation issues with their top? any success would be helpful.

thanks,

Old 03-13-2018, 06:59 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
OMG i KNOW that top. Ok, it is a switch thing and a known problem. Maybe a recall, talk to dealer. As for the top separating, it's a losing battle to just fix a small section imho yet if you insist....

Amazon Amazon

Theres a primer too.

If you're truly handy it can be done to fix top. Just remember this stuff is a PIA to work with. If in doubt, seek any good car repair place as it is a standard fix job. Personally, the entire rear window WILL FALL OUT at some point, so you really need to redo the entire glass window.

You could raise hell as the falling out window is also a known, maybe Bentley will show some customer care and fix it all gratis. Keep us posted.