Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

No power to pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 07:43 AM
David Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
No power to pump

Hello everyone
I have a 07 Flying Spur I’m somewhat mechanical inclined I tried every option I can think of. However, I cannot get my suspension working again.
Air pump rebuilt ( bench test good )
Air pump replace new ( bench test good )
Front shocks replaced ( RMT )
Relay replaced ( new )
10 amp fuse ( good )
40 amp fuse ( good)
Air block replaced 2x
This whole ordeal started after my right front shock went out replaced it then for some reason the front left would never pump up. I tried switching the air lines on the valve block and the front will pump up but rear won’t. Been testing and replacing parts every sense. I tried switching the two front leveling sensor for my A8 still no luck. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Old 09-06-2018, 04:15 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Hello Mr Miller,

The most efficacious diagnosis is to do a vcds scan. Ross Tech is the supplier of this scan system, referenced in case you do not have one. You may have to perform an air suspension adaptacion through vcds. The adaptation sets the computer ECU parameters for the suspension system.

Eric

Last edited by 1eapplebaum; 09-06-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Thx
appriciate your reply

Old 09-10-2018, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by David Miller
Hello everyone
I have a 07 Flying Spur I’m somewhat mechanical inclined I tried every option I can think of. However, I cannot get my suspension working again.
Air pump rebuilt ( bench test good )
Air pump replace new ( bench test good )
Front shocks replaced ( RMT )
Relay replaced ( new )
10 amp fuse ( good )
40 amp fuse ( good)
Air block replaced 2x
This whole ordeal started after my right front shock went out replaced it then for some reason the front left would never pump up. I tried switching the air lines on the valve block and the front will pump up but rear won’t. Been testing and replacing parts every sense. I tried switching the two front leveling sensor for my A8 still no luck. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
How much for the VCDS that you have?

Old 09-10-2018, 07:32 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Look online for Ross Tech vcds. You will get a cable and directions how to download the operating system to your laptop. For the home mechanic version you get 3 licenses, allowing you to diagnose 3 cars. You will need a Windows 7 or newer laptop. I believe the cost for the cable and license is $300. There is a learning curve, pays for itself every time.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
Look online for Ross Tech vcds. You will get a cable and directions how to download the operating system to your laptop. For the home mechanic version you get 3 licenses, allowing you to diagnose 3 cars. You will need a Windows 7 or newer laptop. I believe the cost for the cable and license is $300. There is a learning curve, pays for itself every time.
Does the 3 cars have to be in the VW line of vehicles?

Old 09-10-2018, 10:15 PM
VAG cars only. This is Volkswagen proprietary software which goes beyond the OBD2 parameters.

Search online for: adaptacion Bentley Continental GT suspension. There is a detailed posting on this subject. Also Ross Tech in the instruction manual explains how to do a complete scan of all ecu's.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:54 PM
I just solve the no power problem just before I purchase the Ross Tech. Now Im back to my orginal problem front shocks still not lifting.... I’ve ran the calibration with the Hex V2 and get the code 01437 ( control position not learned ) & 005( no or incorrect basic settings ) and ideas would greatly appreciated
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
Hello Mr Miller,

The most efficacious diagnosis is to do a vcds scan. Ross Tech is the supplier of this scan system, referenced in case you do not have one. You may have to perform an air suspension adaptacion through vcds. The adaptation sets the computer ECU parameters for the suspension system.

Eric

Old 09-21-2018, 08:04 AM
The full version of vcds gets you telephone customer service at Ross Tech. The suspension adaptation can be confusing and frustrating. One of the 6speedonline forum members did a write up. Go online and look up suspension adaptation Bentley Continental GT.