Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Transitioning the Exterior Look

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 11:33 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Transitioning the Exterior Look

So, I am in the process of transitioning the look of my GT (both inside and out). My goal is to ALWAYS make temporary changes that are reversible. I have a separate thread going on the interior.

For the exterior, my goal is to dechrome and black out. That includes black wheels. Here are a couple pics I've done with the front/back. I know this won't be everyone's "cup of tea" and it isn't mine forever, but I get terribly bored often.

Trunk emblem:

Grille work:

On wheels/tires I have some technical questions and I am seeking comments on a possible choice I have. I found someone with 22" Giavonne's with Pirellis for sale. He had these wheels tires on a Flying Spur. I'm NOT SURE about going 22s. Any comments on 22s are welcome. I am on stock 19s now and I thought 20s.

The other possible problem (and next question), he went staggered tire sizes and wheel widths. So, the front 22s are 9" wide, the back 22s are 10" wide. When I run these tires through an aspect ratio calculator, I am getting a 1.8% rolling circumference difference. The technical question is: Does anyone know what the TC/AH/ABS threshold is on a Continental GT? Here is the tire comparison along with the tire sizes he is offering for sale with the wheels:

Last edited by BWings; 11-17-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:39 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Decided against the staggered wheels. After looking at the AWD layout, I've decided the front/rear 1.8% delta in staggered wheels will over labor the AWD torque distribution. I am on the hunt for black 20" OEM wheels (or wheels/tires). Or a reasonable set of 20" silver WHEELS ONLY that I can powder coat black.