Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

GT 2004 trouble codes 00003, 01212

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Alex G is an unknown quantity at this point
GT 2004 trouble codes 00003, 01212

Hey everyone,

I am trying to put number plates on my father's 2004 GT that has been hanging in the garage for a while with a battery tender. For this I need to pass the Swiss automobile inspection prior to being able to put number plates on it. The airbag dashboard light doesn't come off and I plugged two different scanners and tried to reset the trouble codes but two of them won't erase. The batteries are full and I drove the car a while and tried to reset the codes again. 01212 code says it's an open circuit on my rear passenger side seat belt pretensioner, it says it's intermittent. I removed the back seat and managed to access the seat belt pretensioner, I measured the resistance and it was the same as the rear driver's side. I sprayed some contact cleaner on the connector and tried again with no success. I have a trouble code 00003 that the scanner lists several times (I attached some pictures). It seems to be something with the electrical control unit

I don't have access to a vag scanner or a Siemens VAS5052. I do have IETIS though

I'm wondering if the airbag problem could be related to this ECU problem. I hate disconnecting the batteries on this car since from what IETIS says one has to plug the computer and erase trouble codes each time. A few months ago the car worked fine and I had no trouble codes. I disconnected the batteries since then and I'm having this problem.

Does anyone have any clue of what it could be? I want to sell the car but first I need number plates. I could of course have it towed to a Bentley dealer but I'd like to avoid that since dealers in my area are incredibly expensive. My main problem is the dashboard light right now.

Only thing I found so far from Rosstech is:00003 - Control Module: Defective

Possible Causes

• Control Module faulty
  • Control Module Software Issue
Possible Solutions

• Check Control Module
    • Check for Control Module Software Update
  • Replace Control Module

Sorry for the picture quality this is from a Delphi scanner. I tried one from a brand called AUTEL which seemed better, it would tell me the cd charger is broken which it is, but the 00003 and 01212 codes won't go away. In my IETIS I can't seem to find the trouble code page, it says that it's on something called Masterdata which I don't have access to.

Many thanks.

Delphi scan

Delphi scan

Last edited by Alex G; 01-15-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:32 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
I would be thinking weak main ( LHS ) bat .
Some ECU,s are more voltage sensitive than others and squeal easy .Normally in my experience with German cars it’s the airbag light .
Wouldn,t do it any harm and look good to a punter if it had a new bat , the big one .

Old 01-16-2019, 01:52 PM
Alex G is an unknown quantity at this point
I appreciate the feedback.

The battery is from 2017 and has been connected with the tender all the time . I even just tested it with a professional tester that a friend lent me. I do have a spare battery which is the exact same. 95ah 780A. I might as well try to swap them. Maybe the fact of unplugging the battery could do something. I never dare because I don't have easy access to an OBD computer to reset the codes.

Thank you