Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

headlight teliscopic jet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 03:55 AM
blue_racing is an unknown quantity at this point
headlight teliscopic jet

hi so I heard you have to remove bumper headlight and wing to change the headlamp washer arm has got a split in it so leaks when operated is there an easier way of doing this many thanks nick.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:07 AM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by blue_racing
hi so I heard you have to remove bumper headlight and wing to change the headlamp washer arm has got a split in it so leaks when operated is there an easier way of doing this many thanks nick.
The washer jet is attached by 3 screws to the bottom of headlight which makes it a complete pain to replace.it depends what part of the jet is broken as it does come in two parts.what I did was operate the jet so it pops out grab it with a pair of grips and get a friend to out a cable tie on it past the jet part and hold it whilst I popped the c clamp and removed the squirter part and replaced it with new .very fiddly and very delicate operation though.arw you sure it's the jet part itself not the hose split against the body

Old 02-21-2019, 08:49 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Another thing I did to replace a blocked jet is just prise the cap out with the jet and it’s pipe on .Its spring loaded to close ,the water pressure opens it out .
Then clamp it out with a lockable hose clamp .Then work on it .
I think in the U.K. there’s a MOT issue re HD lights and functionality of the head light washers .Bit of a grey area ?
Some “ old school “ turn a blind eye , other jobsworth will fail it until it works properly.

Old 02-23-2019, 02:52 AM
blue_racing is an unknown quantity at this point
its not the jet its the arm what jet is attached to the one which is attached to the headlight by 3 screws I think