Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

How to remove fuel pump Bentley Continental GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 11:38 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Let's get back to fixing cars.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:32 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
I still do not have an answer as to who did the reprogramming for E85 use on a 2005 GT, or an answer as to any upgrades in hardware as I asked earlier....
I can not help if someone is not willing to answer my questions, be it in English or French.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:07 PM
yanacha is on a distinguished road
Hello them en paris

in France reprogramming to E85 is very common for bentley.

http://www.g-tech.fr/

Old 03-25-2019, 04:25 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Okay here's the deal. I'll keep it in English.

In France there's an issue, the Yellow Jacket Revolt. President Macron instituted a high tax called the green tax on petrol. Consequently to save money in France they convert to E85 to avoid some of the taxation. Obviously the Bentley is a gas hog.

What is being missed here is the car doesn't care about politics. Simply put by Mister Hotspur, even if the car could successfully combust E85 everything supporting it through the fuel system is at jeopardy.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:39 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
What is being missed here is the car doesn't care about politics. Simply put by Mister Hotspur, even if the car could successfully combust E85 everything supporting it through the fuel system is at jeopardy.
Exactly, and in the link provided, Bentley is not even an option to pick for conversion...
What's with the Texas plate on a Euro website...

http://www.g-tech.fr/ethanol.php

http://www.g-tech.fr/tarif.php

Old 03-25-2019, 04:51 PM

Old 03-25-2019, 04:58 PM
it seems to me from 2008 all bentley were possible at 98 and E85

Old 03-25-2019, 05:03 PM
Administrator
On the link to the website you posted, Bentley is not available to pick under Bioethanol E85, nor under simulator or examples, nor tarifacation either.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Exactly, and in the link provided, Bentley is not even an option to pick for conversion...
What's with the Texas plate on a Euro website...

http://www.g-tech.fr/ethanol.php

http://www.g-tech.fr/tarif.php
The attached sales brochures are selling the product based on the past, ie. leaded fuel and its benefits with regard to octane. France discontinued lead later than here in the US. So essentially they're saying that alcohol is a good substitute. Furthermore they imply that there is a a lot of misinformation regarding alcohol. These are the printed words on the brochure not my opinion.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:08 PM
Old 03-25-2019, 05:10 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by yanacha
it seems to me from 2008 all bentley were possible at 98 and E85
Yes, But NOT your 2005, only from 2008 and newer on your side of the pond, 2010 here I believe.

Old 04-06-2023, 12:23 PM
tmobileguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by yanacha
excuse me for my English

the dismounting friends is simple but not easily accessible.
under the carpet at the bottom of the trunk you have two plastic hatches.
after removing the plastic plates you will find two electrical outlets per pump.
remove the two electrical sockets and then open the door of the metal pump by the left.
then lift the white lid.
and you see the pumps.
for the left pump, the float is on the left for the right door, the float is on the right, pull it slightly out of its base, and then remove the clips from each other.
of course well unplug the pipes and locate them to put them back well
I advise you for pipes that passes from one pump to another to connect with a small string for instalation.
I am in the middle of this job and I am working on the left side pump.
I was able to unclip and remove the cylindrical float (for fuel sensor 2) and remove it. But that is where I am stuck now.
I cannot figure out how to pull the pump out of the tank. I have tried pull up with a lot of force and it won't come up. Is there something that I missed to get the pump to pull up?
I have unclip the hose at the top as well.
I figured someone might know what I am doing wrong and why the pump won't come up

Thanks

Old 04-06-2023, 01:18 PM
tmobileguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Figured it out.
There are two metal clips on both sides of the pump that hold it down. You must pop those off by pushing them away from the pump, and that will release the pump so that it can be pulled out. Obviously you must remove the various hoses to get the unit completely out of the tank.