Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

pcv system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 01:51 PM
fountain1020 is an unknown quantity at this point
pcv system

hi all, 2006 continental gt 6.0,
about 2 weeks ago customer brought vehicle to me stating bentley told him he needed oil seperators on both sides
he bought the parts an i replaced them, for a oil consumption problem. customer states in 3 days he will go through 1 quart of oil
upon removing the pcv line in the front on valve cover and the ones going to intake/plenum, found excessive amount of oil in each.
to me it seems as if there is to much vac being applied to the engine from possibly the vac pump, which would then lead me to the vac control valce to be stuck open.
after looking under vehicle i found oil all around crank sensor and harness,which makes me believe once again to much vac an caused rear main seal to blow out.
has anyone experienced this at all? i know some oil in these lines are ok, but this is just excessive

Old 03-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fountain1020
hi all, 2006 continental gt 6.0,
about 2 weeks ago customer brought vehicle to me stating bentley told him he needed oil seperators on both sides
he bought the parts an i replaced them, for a oil consumption problem. customer states in 3 days he will go through 1 quart of oil
upon removing the pcv line in the front on valve cover and the ones going to intake/plenum, found excessive amount of oil in each.
to me it seems as if there is to much vac being applied to the engine from possibly the vac pump, which would then lead me to the vac control valce to be stuck open.
after looking under vehicle i found oil all around crank sensor and harness,which makes me believe once again to much vac an caused rear main seal to blow out.
has anyone experienced this at all? i know some oil in these lines are ok, but this is just excessive
What happens when you remove the oil cap, pressure or vacuum ?

Old 03-13-2019, 04:47 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
A leak down test or a compression test with the cylinders dry and then another round with a few drops of oil in the cylinders . That way one can determine if its rings or valves.

However , turbo bearing wear can also cause high oil consumption. One way to find this out is to take off the lower front engine shield remove the right and left turbo rubber tubes to the intercoolers ; right and left. Usually there's a couple ounces of oil. Finding copious amounts of oil will lean towards the possibility of turbo related oil infusion. Eventually this excessive oil gets sucked through the PCV system.

Last edited by 1eapplebaum; 03-13-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:29 PM
fountain1020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
What happens when you remove the oil cap, pressure or vacuum ?
vacuum an engine wants to stall