Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Diamond Pattern Leather Interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 09:07 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
No not mad just having a laugh ... I found it funny you saying Mr Adams, made me smile ...
What colour are your panels ...
The wood panels in my car are burl walnut. I did a project (that is posted here), I purchased the 3 dash panels from a breaker and redid them in piano black. That way I maintained the original parts, but now have an interchangeable black set for those three panels. I also have an all saddle interior, but like the tutone so I purchased black center arm rests, black gearshift, black floor mats, black 3 spoke steering wheel and air bag. I am still at it looking to purchase front door arm rests....nice, fun ongoing project.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BWings
The wood panels in my car are burl walnut. I did a project (that is posted here), I purchased the 3 dash panels from a breaker and redid them in piano black. That way I maintained the original parts, but now have an interchangeable black set for those three panels. I also have an all saddle interior, but like the tutone so I purchased black center arm rests, black gearshift, black floor mats, black 3 spoke steering wheel and air bag. I am still at it looking to purchase front door arm rests....nice, fun ongoing project.
This may sound crazy but Im tired of looking at piano black and Im changing all the panels to black carbon fibre. I've done the centre ones but not the heating vents in the rear as Ive got to remove the centre arm rests, the rest of the panels are still piano black. If you want we could do a swop as it don't matter to me what colour yours are as I'll be covering them. A bit of packing & postage will be cheaper than buying all the panels ... they in perfect condition What do you think ...

Old 04-08-2019, 09:23 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
This may sound crazy but Im tired of looking at piano black and Im changing all the panels to black carbon fibre. I've done the centre ones but not the heating vents in the rear as Ive got to remove the centre arm rests, the rest of the panels are still piano black. If you want we could do a swop as it don't matter to me what colour yours are as I'll be covering them. A bit of packing & postage will be cheaper than buying all the panels ... they in perfect condition What do you think ...
Thanks for the offer Rico. Actually, I was considering a carbon fiber wrap. Yes, I think postage would kill us. I am able to usually pick up panels from a breaker that are reasonably priced. I still might do the CF wrap if I get tired of the black, but love it so far. Right now, my focus is finding the front door armrests in black that are in good shape. Here (at the door panel) most used accident cars have panel hardware and leather that has taken a beating, but I'm persistent.

Here is a pic of the "work in progress. I have been shopping for the door armrests that hold the window switches. If I can get those in black then I'll move to some other parts in the back seat.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the offer Rico. Actually, I was considering a carbon fiber wrap. Yes, I think postage would kill us. I am able to usually pick up panels from a breaker that are reasonably priced. I still might do the CF wrap if I get tired of the black, but love it so far. Right now, my focus is finding the front door armrests in black that are in good shape. Here (at the door panel) most used accident cars have panel hardware and leather that has taken a beating, but I'm persistent.

Here is a pic of the "work in progress. I have been shopping for the door armrests that hold the window switches. If I can get those in black then I'll move to some other parts in the back seat.

Your welcome
Nice colour the piano black looks cool ... Nice Job
We in the UK don't really have that many Bentley breakers so its ebay or basically looking on the net ...
Love the 3 spoke wheel look great & upto date, I think i'll look for one too ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 04-08-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:32 AM

I love the carbon fibre I'll slowly do the work as I'm not well most of the time, do what I can when I can ...

Old 04-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Beautiful! On your red color, that CF pops! I have a source for the wheel but it's a US supplier and the wheel and airbag are brand new...so a little costly.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Beautiful! On your red color, that CF pops! I have a source for the wheel but it's a US supplier and the wheel and airbag are brand new...so a little costly.
Sounds great please do find out how much ...
Gona have a coffee & read through the new Bentley magazine which came through the post today ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 04-08-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Sounds great please do find out how much ...
Gona have a coffee & read through the new Bentley magazine which came through the post today ...
Here you go....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Con...wAAOSwEzxYVHIN

He has them in leather w/black wood as well....as I recall, but haven't dealt with him in a few months now. Good reliable seller. That Bentley mag sounds good wish we had one...

Old 04-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Here you go....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Con...wAAOSwEzxYVHIN

He has them in leather w/black wood as well....as I recall, but haven't dealt with him in a few months now. Good reliable seller. That Bentley mag sounds good wish we had one...
A black wheel would be good unless with luck he has one the same colour as my interior.
The Bentley magazine is from Crewe head office but anyone in the world can apply, they will send one out to you from the US base companies ... as soon as Ive done here I'll send you the form to apply ...
Its a great read ...

You can use the address to send them a letter or just use the form & they will redirect it to a Bentley dealer near you, I've had these mags for some years now, the one I have today is the 100th extraordinary years, No: 68 ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 04-08-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Thank you kind sir!

Old 04-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Thank you kind sir!
No problem, thank you for the link nice wheel ...

Old 04-08-2019, 11:18 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Randy V
Mulliner pattern exemplifies the Bentley, in my opinion.

Love it!
Agreed. My 14 FS is Mulliner-equipped and it's gorgeous.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Agreed. My 14 FS is Mulliner-equipped and it's gorgeous.
Hola XLR82XS, post a pic or 2 of your car ...

Old 04-08-2019, 12:21 PM
BWings, what do you think of this pattern on the panels.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:31 PM
beautiful! Looks like a burnished/brushed aluminum. Can you get that simulated in a wrap?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Diamond Pattern Leather Interior?