Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Spark Plugs with 4 Mass electrodes for Bentley GT, W12

Old 05-07-2019, 04:12 AM
Bentley_Germany is an unknown quantity at this point
Spark Plugs with 4 Mass electrodes for Bentley GT, W12

Hello friends

I have a short question.

I have to chance my spark plug and will use the BKR6EQUP NGK Spark Plugs

Can I use it for my car (Bentley GT, W12, 560 HP, Modell 10/2005, Update to 680 Hp)

Thanks a lot for your helps
Wish you a nice day

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-08-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:31 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bentley_Germany
Hello friends

I have a short question.

I have to chance my spark plug and will use the BKR6EQUP NGK Spark Plugs

Can I use it for my car (Bentley GT, W12, 560 HP, Modell 10/2005, Update to 680 Hp)

Thanks a lot for your helps
Wish you a nice day
I would need to know a whole lot more about how you arrived at 680hp from 560hp on a 2005 MY Bentley. The factory plug is PZFR6Q-11.

I've built some high HP boosted engines in my past. Boosted engines produce an exponential amount of pressure and heat. Assuming you might have gained 120 hp creating more boost (as I know there are only about 50 hp left on the table by the factory), the rule of thumb is for every extra 100 hp under boost, you should run a cooler plug by one step. With NGK plugs, the larger the number the cooler the plug. Therefore, you should at least be running a "7" NGK and maybe (depending on the type of driving you do) maybe even an "8".

We can discuss all of the other letters of the alphabet in the factory PZFR6Q-11, but the "6", being the heat range is going to be too hot for 680hp in the W12.

Also add, I don't personally prefer the multiple electrode plugs. They are rather "faddish" and gimmicky and it's best to use a normal plug.

Just MHO.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-08-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:31 AM
Bentley_Germany is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello

I think maybe is better when I take spark plug with 2,3 or 4 electrodes.
But, I will try the PZFR6Q-11 spark plug.

I upgrade my turbos by https://www.ebay.de/itm/Upgrade-Turb...YAAOSwXeJYG-r2 and made performance tuning by my tuner in Germany.

I drive the 680 HP with the original air cooler. With a bigger intercooler / air cooler is a upgrade to 750-800 HP possible.

Sorry my english is not very good I hope you unterstand me ;-)

I love this Forum. Thank you for your helps

Last edited by Bentley_Germany; 05-09-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:33 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bentley_Germany
Hello

I think maybe is better when I take spark plug with 2,3 or 4 electrodes.
But, I will try the PZFR6Q-11 spark plug.

I upgrade my turbos by https://www.ebay.de/itm/Upgrade-Turb...YAAOSwXeJYG-r2 and made performance tuning by my tuner in Germany.

I drive the 680 HP with the original air cooler. With a bigger intercooler / air cooler is a upgrade to 750-800 HP possible.

Sorry my english is not very good I hope you unterstand me ;-)

I love this Forum. Thank you for your helps
Thank you - Good information!

If your tuner is good (very good), go back to him and ask his recommendation on spark plug heat range. Ask him if you should be running a spark plug one step colder in heat range. Also ask him his opinion about the multiple electrodes. If he is OK with the "6" heat range and he is good with boosted W12s, then he should know.

I know if I built any boosted high horsepower engine (even an N/A engine over 500hp) I would be following the 100hp rule and I would datalog (or dyno tune) the next colder plug along with the factory plug. If I saw a pre-ignition condition in Power enrichment and couldn't tune it out with too much fuel, then I would be going to the colder plug.

On a boosted engine, especially if you are increasing boost over the factory design by 100hp, I would be tuning power enrichment for about 10.75:1 to 11.5:1 AFR. If I had to enrich fuel and reduce timing beyond that because of pre-ignition, then the next colder plug is the solution.

Best of luck with it. At 680hp it must be a very fast machine....and English is OK.