Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Flying Spur

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 09:32 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Flying Spur

We needed a car with four doors. All of our cars only have two and most only have two usable seats.
so I traded the DB 11 in on a Flying Spur. Was terrible weather here on Friday so we won’t bring it home
until Monday

Old 04-20-2019, 10:36 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Welcome to the community!
She’s a beauty!!!

Old 04-20-2019, 11:15 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Beautiful car! Hopefully more pics please?

Can you talk to the DB11 a little? That is the direction I am heading. That or a DB9.

Thanks!

Old 04-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful car ... Well done ...

Old 04-20-2019, 01:50 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute

The DB11 is a fantastic car. It is a GT car not a Sports car. It is very fast and comfortable. The interior and the car are very well made. It does draw a lot of attention. Every time I had it at Cars and Coffee it drew a crowd. I have six cars and all of the are two doors and only the Bentley GT Speed has back seats that can actually be used. So I needed a four door car with seating fo four. My friends and I are getting older and it would be hard to get in the back seat of a two door car. I’m still keeping my V8Vantage it is a permanent part of my collection.QUOTE=BWings;4778150]Beautiful car! Hopefully more pics please?

Can you talk to the DB11 a little? That is the direction I am heading. That or a DB9.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Old 05-04-2019, 02:35 PM

I finally got around to taking some pictures of the Flying Spur. Sent two full days detailing it and now looks like one of my cars.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:57 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Absolutely beautiful! Makes me want a FS too now. The interior is picture perfect!

Looks like you could use another 4-post lift....or two in your garage.....NICE!

Old 05-04-2019, 07:27 PM
I used to kid my wife that we could use another lift and then her car could be in the garage. But I have reduced the collection to six and her SLK is in the garage. I find as I get older it is becoming more difficult to take care of them. Hopefully I’ll be able to do it for a few more years. It will be a sad day when I can’t take care of them anymore. Now being retired I spend at least two days a week in the garage with the toys. I enjoy looking at them and working on them as much as driving them. The TT, the Aston and my SL have never been in the rain.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:44 PM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
Nice ride! Love the color of both the GT and FS.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:07 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I love your interior color! I have a 14 Spur but the lower grille is chrome as well as the top. I don't recall seeing another Spur like this on the road and there are plenty in S.FL. This was purchased pre-owned but wondering if it's a special option or standard with the adaptive cruise? The window sticker doesn't say anything about it.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Just got these burnt oak shearling over rugs from Charles at Easyrider in England. The color fit and feel is outstanding. He even sent with them a shearling wash mitt. He is the same vendor I got the rugs for our GT Speed. He had to make them as he didn’t have any in stock. Even having to make them it took less than a week from when I ordered and paid for them to get here in Florida.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
I love your interior color! I have a 14 Spur but the lower grille is chrome as well as the top. I don't recall seeing another Spur like this on the road and there are plenty in S.FL. This was purchased pre-owned but wondering if it's a special option or standard with the adaptive cruise? The window sticker doesn't say anything about it.
I believe that the chrome lower grill is standard with the Mulliner package. If you have the diamond stitched seats then you have the Mulliner package. I don’t have it on my Flying Spur. On my GT Speed has the diamond stitched seats as part of the Speed specification and also has the chromed lower grill.