Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

G.I.A.C. releases software upgrade for Continental GT and Flying Spur!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
G.I.A.C. releases software upgrade for Continental GT and Flying Spur!

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to update you on a new product from G.I.A.C. that is now available from 6speed sponsor, AWE Tuning.

We are pleased to offer switchable software from G.I.A.C. for the Bentley Continental GT and Flying Spur. G.I.A.C. is the first company in the world to successfully flash the Twin Turbo Bentleys and offer multiple programs. Our current competitors are having to desolder the chips from the computer to make their modifications. This is a risky procedure with such an expensive component.

The product includes three settings (OEM, Performance, and Immobilizer) and the G.I.A.C. Flashloader Handheld device for switching the settings. You do not need to be a technician to switch programs. The driver can simply plug the G.I.A.C. Flashloader Handheld into the OBD2 port and press what program you would like. In just seconds you can gain an additional 80hp and 90lb/ft of torque or switch back to your OEM settings!

As the Continental GT and Flying Spur rely on two controllers for engine management, synchronizing them for the flash and for the program switching was definitely an impressive task. Currently the G.I.A.C. performance program for the Continental GT and Flying Spur produces 80-100 horsepower and 90-120lb/ft of torque on 91 to 93 octane. Higher octane European fuels will yield even greater results. Boost is increased from .5 to .9 bar in the mid range and from .5 to .8 in the high RPM range. During development, knock correction, air fuel, boost, waste gate duty cycle, and many other critical parameters were closely monitored as with all G.I.A.C. performance program development.

Please click the link below for dyno plots of a Continental GT with the G.I.A.C performance software upgrade.
http://giacusa.com/bntlydynos.php

This product is available now. Please contact Mike Romano at AWE Tuning (mike@awe-tuning.com ) for more information including pricing.

If you would like to learn more about AWE Tuning, please visit our website. http://www.awe-tuning.com/

Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you soon.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 AM
DesertGt is on a distinguished road
Would it affect the warranty?

Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 PM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
anyone know of any places to have this done in the bay area? preferably in the east bay?

Old 03-02-2009, 08:14 PM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
anyone know how much the G.I.A.C. Flashloader Handheld device costs? how would we obtain updated flash drivers/configurations? is it cheaper to just have it done for us without buying the device?

Old 03-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blitzo
anyone know how much the G.I.A.C. Flashloader Handheld device costs? how would we obtain updated flash drivers/configurations? is it cheaper to just have it done for us without buying the device?
blitzo,

Thanks for responding.

The handheld device is included in the price of the G.I.A.C. software upgrade.

You can either drive your vehicle to us, or remove the engine ECU's (there are two) and send them to us. The ECU's are very easy to remove. I can walk you through it over the phone. It takes 5 minutes.

Please email me directly for pricing and other options.

Mike@AWE-Tuning.com

Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 AM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
I recall several people having transmission shift issues with this software. Has this been addressed?

Old 03-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by medici78
I recall several people having transmission shift issues with this software. Has this been addressed?
Can you point me to some examples? I have never seen nor heard of anything like this.

The last Conti GT we flashed shifted like stock after we performed our work.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:41 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
This post is what came to mind on my previous post, but it had been awhile since I read it. Looks like it just required a dealer re-flash
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-upgrade.html

Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 PM
$$$=SPEED is on a distinguished road
sounds interesting to juice up my CGT. How much?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by $$$=SPEED
sounds interesting to juice up my CGT. How much?
PM sent.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
Special Package Pricing Now Available.

Email me for details:

Mike@AWE-Tuning.com

Old 03-26-2009, 09:47 PM
what's in the special package and what is the cost?

thnx

Old 03-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by blitzo
what's in the special package and what is the cost?

thnx
PM Sent.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 PM
kos
kos is on a distinguished road
Can you send me a PM too, bout the pricing?

Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by kos
Can you send me a PM too, bout the pricing?
PM sent!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G.I.A.C. releases software upgrade for Continental GT and Flying Spur!