Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

A little 1/18 fun

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Roman615 will become famous soon enough
A little 1/18 fun

So, being a car fanatic I always like to get a 1/18 scale model of whatever car I have. There are several replica Continental GTs out there to choose from, but none looked enough like mine. Only Minichamps made a silver one to my knowledge. I didn’t want to take the chance on ruining a $300 model so I went cheap and bought a Welly for about $35. I took the car completely apart and painted it as close to Moonbeam as I could get. Still not perfect, I wanted to change the wheels to look as close to mine as possible so I ordered some tuning wheels off eBay and painted them too. Making them fit was a bit of a job and it no longer rolls but I had fun doing it and love the results.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:21 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice. I do the same thing.

Last edited by Gene G; 05-25-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:35 PM
Awesome! Beautiful color. Not sure I’ve seen one like that.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:30 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I
Originally Posted by Roman615
Awesome! Beautiful color. Not sure I’ve seen one like that.
Thanks. The color is Bronze from the Arnage range. I was lucky on finding the small Bentley I didn’t have to paint it. When I had a 355 Ferrari I had to take the model apart to paint it to match.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:45 PM

Here is the latest one. The color matches better in person.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:47 PM

The pair of Bentleys at home.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Gene G

The pair of Bentleys at home.
Wow. Absolutely gorgeous.

Old 05-27-2019, 09:40 AM

I know this isn’t an Bentley. But this is the model of the 355 I painted to match our NART blue Ferrari. The Ferrari is gone but I still have the memories and the model.

Last edited by Gene G; 05-27-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:11 AM
I did the same thing with several of my cars. NSX, 308, Vipers, Porsches, etc. It is fun to be able to look back and see the memories from over the years. But even with all the cars I’ve had, I can’t imagine wanting anything other than maybe a newer Bentley someday. I have a friend with an R8 and a McLaren. Meh. They are fine, I suppose, but the Bentley does everything just about perfectly. I also recommend “The Book” and “The Story” if you don’t already have them. Quite interesting.

Old 06-02-2019, 06:23 PM
I have had 77 cars in my life and I love my Bentleys. A car I would recommend to anyone as a good complement to the Bentley would be a Aston Martin V8Vantage. I had one and traded it away and missed it and had to get another. I now have one that is a permanent part of my collection. Another car that is a permanent part of my collection is a Mercedes SL55 AMG.
Both the Vantage and the SL have never been in the rain. I guess I’m just crazy but I still enjoy all of them.