Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Latest update to my car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 09:11 AM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BWings
Hi Rico,

Yeah, lots of Envy out there. Envy is one of the seven deadly sins! On one of the huge Corvette sites with thousands of members where I am too, practically once a week someone posts about getting their car keyed, or damaged in parking lots everywhere and most of them park in places where no other store patron would. So, some are going out of their way to reach a car and damage it, presumably because they don't think others should have something nice....too bad!.....
Hello Sir ... That is so low to damage a persons property when its our pride & joy, worked hard for what we have, it didn't fall out the sky say to speak ... I always watch where I park my car but last week I parked it a place I normally don't but its a lesson learnt ... Ive installed the new ones now took around 5 min each side ...

Old 08-31-2019, 11:59 AM
Took away the c/lighter both of them & replaced them with USB chargers did that some time ago, today I intalled a couple of Led's in the storage boxes with micro switches, little dark in there at night ...

Old 09-01-2019, 05:30 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Very cool Rico!

I have a little bit of a mess on my console. The previous owner installed a tuner for Sirius radio in the ashtray. I don't use Sirius (don't drive the car enough to warrant the price of the subscription). It was a professional install and clean. I removed it but still working to restore the original ashtray (I don't smoke either, but originality).

Here in the US, we are obsessed with drinking coffee while we drive. The accessory tray has the cup contraption in it. I'd rather just use it as a storage tray, so I am probably going to unsnap the cup holder.

I like your lighting!

Old 09-01-2019, 06:44 AM
Very cool Rico!

I have a little bit of a mess on my console. The previous owner installed a tuner for Sirius radio in the ashtray. I don't use Sirius (don't drive the car enough to warrant the price of the subscription). It was a professional install and clean. I removed it but still working to restore the original ashtray (I don't smoke either, but originality).

Here in the US, we are obsessed with drinking coffee while we drive. The accessory tray has the cup contraption in it. I'd rather just use it as a storage tray, so I am probably going to unsnap the cup holder.

I like your lighting!
Thank you Sir ... Yah me to don't smoke removed the lighters I think the usb's look ok & useful, I may have been a American in my previous life as I drink coffee as if its going out of fashion, the front storage Im going to install a couple of cup holders but I don't want it fixed, Ive found this cup holder that came out of a Volvo & fits perfect just need to make something so it stays in place while I have a cup full of coffee once done remove it store it away in the glove box, The led's where just a after thought when I was driving back one night & couldn't see a thing in the box taking my eye off the road, the sliding lid has a magnet at the end & the lid has a metal peace, found a couple of magnetic switches wired them in with the led's, when opened the light comes on ...

Old 09-01-2019, 08:11 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Thank you Sir ... Yah me to don't smoke removed the lighters I think the usb's look ok & useful, I may have been a American in my previous life as I drink coffee as if its going out of fashion, the front storage Im going to install a couple of cup holders but I don't want it fixed, Ive found this cup holder that came out of a Volvo & fits perfect just need to make something so it stays in place while I have a cup full of coffee once done remove it store it away in the glove box, The led's where just a after thought when I was driving back one night & couldn't see a thing in the box taking my eye off the road, the sliding lid has a magnet at the end & the lid has a metal peace, found a couple of magnetic switches wired them in with the led's, when opened the light comes on ...
First, let me start by saying Rico.Adams, I’m giving you 10 demerics for not sharing a write up on the light install. 🤣

Bwing- I also had an install like that in my car and ripped it out as soon as the car was delivered (I didn’t even know all that stuff was in there when I test drove it). I was looking for just the inserts for the front ashtray but couldn’t find anything online. So I think I’m just going to make a plate to install the usb plugs like Rico has done.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
First, let me start by saying Rico.Adams, I’m giving you 10 demerics for not sharing a write up on the light install. ��

Bwing- I also had an install like that in my car and ripped it out as soon as the car was delivered (I didn’t even know all that stuff was in there when I test drove it). I was looking for just the inserts for the front ashtray but couldn’t find anything online. So I think I’m just going to make a plate to install the usb plugs like Rico has done.
Lol ... Sorry Sir ...
I will post the parts I used soon ... as for the usb do you want the link where I got them from ... they do 2 types, the one Ive shown in the pic & the other with a volt meter showing the volts on the AMG battery with a usb ... I'll post them on by this evening mate ... sorry they do 3 types also just a volt meter ... in 3 or 4 different led colours mine are red ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 09-01-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:21 PM
Here are the different usb's on ebay ...

Old 09-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Rico and B Wings. I can hardly keep up with you guys in your after market up dates. Very cool ideas!!! I have changed a few of them after reading your combined improvements. Just a note when I purchased my 2008 coupe it came with Sirius radio. I have read in the Form someone was having trouble receiving and he was advised Sirius Radio was supplied by Bentley upon new car purchase. He contacted Bentley and they helped him again start receiving again. I do not pay a subscription fee for my reception to date. As I under stand form information supplied by Steven Music's comments on the subject, the Info center head units have the function printed on the face plates if they receive or not. I really like the cigar lighter conversion Rico. I think I will convert both front and rear. Please both of you keep the mods comming you guys are great.

I have always modified my cars for my enjoyment.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:06 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Ha...Thanks Mr Ron GT!

But credit to mr. Rico who leaves me in the dust for creativity! Have to also include Mr. Roman who leaves me in his dust too....haha....I just copy what these two guys do.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Ha...Thanks Mr Ron GT!

But credit to mr. Rico who leaves me in the dust for creativity! Have to also include Mr. Roman who leaves me in his dust too....haha....I just copy what these two guys do.
Lol ... but we leave it to you Sir to master it ...
Thank you Mr Ron, yes the usb's are a great upgrade if one doesnt need c/lighters & a cheep upgrade, a little filing no wiring just cut the 2 wire & connect 2 blue female crimp connectors, done ...

Old 09-03-2019, 10:19 AM
Next upgrade if anyone is interested ... up to 2011 non of the dash has speed info in digital on the centre panel, I getting hold of a 2012 clocks see if it works without any firmware upgrade or can it just be plugged in & sorted via the ross tech ... The plugs at the rear of the panel are the same so no need for any wiring ... Let me give this a go ...

Old 09-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Next upgrade if anyone is interested ... up to 2011 non of the dash has speed info in digital on the centre panel, I getting hold of a 2012 clocks see if it works without any firmware upgrade or can it just be plugged in & sorted via the ross tech ... The plugs at the rear of the panel are the same so no need for any wiring ... Let me give this a go ...

OK Mr. Rico - I am subscribing to this!

The surround is different. Different cutouts, but looks like the gauges might align in the proper places.

Last edited by BWings; 09-03-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:19 PM
OK Mr. Rico - I am subscribing to this!

The surround is different. Different cutouts, but looks like the gauges might align in the proper places.
Correct good observation Sir ... I was waiting for someone to say that & yes it had to be you, who else my friend ...
Yes your right the panel is a different shape, the clocks are the same size and all fit into the old cluster, The 2012 panel may go in lets see, it may be a first but I'm going to have a good go at this, Ive been looking at this for some months now ...
If anyone has done or attempted this do let us know ...

Old 09-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Correct good observation Sir ... I was waiting for someone to say that & yes it had to be you, who else my friend ...
Yes your right the panel is a different shape, the clocks are the same size and all fit into the old cluster, The 2012 panel may go in lets see, it may be a first but I'm going to have a good go at this, Ive been looking at this for some months now ...
If anyone has done or attempted this do let us know ...
Yes, keep going I am right behind you!

Old 09-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Yes, keep going I am right behind you!
Thank you Sir ... Much Appreciated ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Latest update to my car.